Medical Writer - Medical Communications
Salary: £Competitive (dependent on experience) + excellent benefits (pension, healthcare, life insurance, bonus etc.)
Location: Brighton, London, Oxford, Knutsford or Manchester. We will also consider remote based writers across the UK (depending on experience).
Reports to: Editorial Manager
About the role
A Fishawack Medical Writer researches, writes, edits and prepares high-quality material for a variety of customised medical communications initiatives. A keen interest in medical science and writing, coupled with an ability to work to strict deadlines and specifications is essential.
Who are Fishawack?
Fishawack Health, an independent, full-service, global healthcare communications group with over 800 medical experts, marketing professionals and strategic specialists. We are bound by our beliefs, connected through our culture and fearlessly move forward with purpose.
Established in 2001, Fishawack Health is a dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals. Fishawack Health has over 800 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself as one of the world's leading groups of Healthcare Communications companies.
As a Medical Writer you will be responsible for developing and delivering original, accurate, high-quality content (manuscripts, slides, and other editorial assignments) within the project specifications, timeline, and budget. This will involve:
- Liaising with clients, authors and colleagues to progress projects effectively,
- Attending congresses, symposia and advisory board meetings as required and liaising with speakers and clients
- Providing input on project specifications, costings and schedules, working with the internal account team to ensure projects are delivered to time and budget
- Providing good briefings to colleagues and freelancers
- Actively participating in account development meetings to grow repeat business
- Mentoring new writers (depending on individual, level of experience and opportunity)
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences required; post-graduate qualification e.g. MSc, MPhil or PhD an advantage
- Previous experience in medical writing/publishing role and/or medical communications agency environment advantageous
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency in Internet and PubMed searches
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.