Job Title: Project Coordinator
Department: Project Management
Reports To: Project Management Team Lead
Experience level: 0-2 years/Entry Level
The Fishawack Project Coordinator (PC) provides task-based support on key project management elements,assisting the project management team and wider project teams in meeting day-to-day tactical objectives, including project management, budget management, and timelines. With the direction of a senior team member, the PC is expected to support the financial and project management of assigned projects to ensure successful execution and outcome.
The PC role is internally focused rather than client facing; however, the PC contributes to ensuring both external stakeholders (clients, other agencies, experts) and internal stakeholders (project managers, medical writers, and other members of the project team) are kept informed and regularly updated on project progress with any concerns being flagged to more senior members of the internal team in a timely manner.
The PC should work across multiple accounts and project types to acquire a wide range of experience.
1. Provide task-based support on all aspects of assigned projects from a project management and financial perspective
2. In conjunction with senior team members, ensure internal stakeholders are kept informed and regularly updated on project progress
3. Support the project management team in working with clients and occasionally other agencies
4. Support senior project managers in actively managing project finances to achieve Fishawack KPIs
5. Where possible identify, and generate, opportunities with existing and new accounts.
The range of tasks includes, but is not limited to:
- Budget development and reconciliation
- Updating Netsuite,
- Timeline development,
- Providing financial information
- Updating status sheets
- Email traffic management.
Achievement of chargeable hours target is a standard Fishawack requirement.
Provide task-based support on all aspects of assigned projects from a project management and financial perspective
- Demonstrates ability to maintain accurate project timelines with key milestones
- Manages project deliverables and status to approved specifications and budget with clients, other agencies and internal personnel.
- Demonstrates clear understanding and utilisation of internal and external project status reports
- Independently simultaneously handles multiple projects under pressure and tight deadlines
- Uses judgment to anticipate problems before they arise and proactively work to resolve them
In conjunction with senior team members, ensure internal stakeholders are kept informed and regularly updated on project progress
- Concerns flagged to more senior members of the internal team in a timely manner
- Develops effective working relationships with Client Service and Editorial leads and Shared Services, to meet team objectives
- Consistently communicates with all departments, providing necessary project updates
- Supports the team by liaising with internal stakeholders to prioritise workload, participating in team meetings and brainstorms, providing project feedback and input into action plans as required.
Support the project management team in working with clients and occasionally other agencies and external suppliers
- Regular communication via more senior PM staff about deliverables to external clients and other agencies where appropriate.
- Acts as client contact when other team members are unavailable
Support senior project managers in actively managing project finances to achieve Fishawack KPIs
- Tracks and manages project budgets to ensure projects complete within budget
- All financial data reported in NetSuite in a clear, accurate and timely manner
Where possible identify opportunities with existing and new accounts.
- Continually relay potential opportunities to senior Project management
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION
(The behaviours, skills and practices required to accomplish the objectives of this position and in the daily conduct of business.)
- Composure-Is calm under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered professional and supportive.
- Working with other people-Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside the organisation; builds rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Financial acumen-Understands key financial data and how KPIs are interlinked, proactively manages finances to get the best result for Fishawack and for clients
- Organisation skills-Can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful, intuitive manner; is detail orientated and has the ability to prioritise tasks
- Problem Solving / Time Management-Uses time effectively and efficiently; pro-active and solutions-orientated approach; concentrates their efforts on more important priorities; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers; attends to a broad range of activities.
- Written Communications-Solid grasp of grammar, spelling and punctuation; able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
FISHAWACK CORE COMPETENCIES
- Client Focus-Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand client
information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
2.Functional/Technical Skills-Has the functional and technical knowledge, skills, and creativity to do the job at an extremely high level of accomplishment.
3.Ethics / Values / Integrity / Trust-Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs; acts in line with those values; acts in a direct and truthful way; can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain.
INTERACTIONS (EXTERNAL) - occasional
- Other agencies
- External suppliers e.g. printers
INTERACTIONS ( INTERNAL)
- Project Team
- Shared services
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.)
A-level minimum, prefer 4-year post secondary education, or equivalent experience
Minimum 1 year in an administrative role, preferably in a team-based, customer-focused environment
- Microsoft Office suite
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Financial interest and demonstrated capability
- Comfortable working under pressure within tight deadlines
- Confident team player
- Self-motivated, professional and detail-oriented, with an enthusiastic desire to continuously learn, evolve and innovate