Business Development & Marketing Manager – Healthcare Communications
Location: UK - London, Brighton, Oxford or Knutsford.
About the role
You will lead the business development pipeline for the Expert Partnership Unit (EPU), working closely with existing internal teams to identify and qualify new business leads, develop of EPU marketing plan and create appropriate marketing assets. You will report directly to the EPU Business Unit Head. Expert Partnerships combine the insights of independent global opinion leaders with the medical communications, creative and strategic consultancy expertise of Fishawack Health to deliver programmes meeting the needs of international pharma clients (both medical and commercial).
Who are the Fishawack Group of Companies?
We are a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals. The Fishawack Group of Companies has over 750 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself as one of the world’s leading groups of healthcare communications companies.
What you’ll do
- Proactively generate leads and qualified new business opportunities for the EPU
- Evaluate the attractiveness of current and emerging therapy areas to the EPU coordinating across FHG to consolidate existing knowledge and expertise
- Research specific companies aligned to the therapy areas identified above to make specific BD recommendations
- Develop the EPU marketing plan, collaborating with the existing EP Leads, BLH marketing team and BLH strategic partners
- Deliver marketing initiatives and assets to raise pharma client awareness of the EPU offering
- Develop and update EPU sales collateral, including case studies, credential decks and service offerings, websites
- Support the EP Leads and their BLH strategic partners in new business pitches/RFIs and RFPs
- Develop and run a business development and marketing dashboard, and contribute to analysis and measurement of business development and marketing activities
- Work across FHG teams to raise internal awareness of EPU capabilities and activities to drive cross organisational collaboration
- Contribute to the development of new EPU service offerings
- Substantial pharma or healthcare experience i.e., good working knowledge of the Life sciences landscape, trends and methods
- Significant experience in a marketing, business development, account management or commercial role in healthcare or professional services company
- An outstanding relationship builder who will be an entrusted representative of FHG
- Adept at bringing a diversity of internal and external stakeholders together to reach consensus
- Collaborative, strategic, creative, open minded individual looking to play a core role in a developing business unit within FHG
- Exemplary communications skills, experience in speaking at internal and external events, developing and leading client presentations
- Positive, enthusiastic outlook, collaborative, flexible approach and strong team player
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.