Credit Control Clerk
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits (pension, healthcare, bonus etc.)
About the role
Due to continued growth across the group, we are searching for an ambitious Credit Control Clerk to join our friendly and busy finance team. Reporting to the Transactional Manager, you will take part responsibility in all aspects of the Accounts Receivable function for multiple group entities, based in the UK, US & Switzerland. You will have a "can do" attitude with a down to each and approachable manner. In return, Fishawack will offer you a supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop.
Who are the Fishawack Group of Companies?
Established in 2001, we are a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals. The Fishawack Group of Companies has over 750 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself as one of the world’s leading groups of healthcare communications companies.
What you'll do
- Assist in maintaining accurate, reliable and up to date Sales Ledgers for all the group’s companies
- Provide support to the Sales Ledger & Project Management teams with Client management and query resolution working proactively with the team and Clients to resolve any queries
- Assist with the Month End close process, ensuring the ledgers are all accurate & closed in line with group deadlines
- Assist in Year End audit process
- Review, approval and submission of sales invoices to clients
- Full responsibility of the credit control process to ensure that debt is chased daily, and payments are received within the relevant payment terms, keeping overdue debt to a minimum
- Maintaining sales ledger to ensure all records are up to date and associated payments allocated
- Cash inflow management and forecasting receipts
- Regular meetings with the Transactional Manager with update’s on debtor ledgers for all group companies
- Identifying and implementing improvements for the Sales Ledger procedures across Finance and the wider business
- Project work as required
- Other ad hoc duties including assistance to the accounts payable team when required
- The successful candidate must be computer literate with excellent excel skills, be confident in learning new systems and have an understanding of accounting software principles.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to challenge where appropriate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well organised with the ability to work under pressure
- Highly numerate
- Proven understanding of VAT to ensure that it is correctly processed
- Methodical and process driven
- Good leadership skills, with the ability to influence
- A self-starter with a positive "can do" attitude and a down to earth approachable manner
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whist adhering to deadlines
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.