Job Title: Creative Director of Art Department: Creative
Reports To: Group Creative Director FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
The Creative Director (CD) is responsible for overseeing and ensuring outstanding quality of all creative products produced by the agency and presented and delivered to the clients. She/he works closely with, and collaboratively in partnership with, Carling leadership and engages regularly with Client Services team to win and retain business. They are the embodiment of the agency’s creative talents and abilities which represents the key attributes of the Carling’s authentic and passionate team. They play a key role in the agency life, helping guide the strategic path of the company.
· Senior creative leadership for projects within the agency providing both a holistic overview as well as a detailed understanding on client projects
· Plays an active role in business development and Carling’s growth initiatives
· Working to build and nurture long-term client relationships
· Understands advertising, digital, and media industry trends/developments and uses this knowledge to present business building ideas for the client and the agency
· Able to articulate to clients and team members the rationale behind each concept
· Work with the CS/Strat team to identify solutions through creative and marketing strategies
· Provide support to functional areas focusing on strategic objectives and consistent delivery of the creative product
· Fostering strong collaborative teams across functional areas
· When possible, represent Carling at industry events and trade shows to find prospective clients and employees while emanating a professional manner and appearance
· Supervisory responsibilities include carrying out related responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws and collaborates with Senior Leadership and HR on related issues including hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding employees, and addressing resolving problems
· Allocate appropriate personnel for all creative assignments – full-time employees and freelancers
· Leads the creative process from inception through the review phases of the creative plan
· Nurture talent while working to grow their knowledge and skills
· Adheres to the stated workflow and processes of our company
· Maintains budget, manages hours, and works with Project Management on resource allocation
o Ensures all projects are completed on time and within budget
· Monitors overall quality of agency creative output and provides direction and leadership
· Will execute initial concepts through to final completion
· Defines the project strategy and translates the strategy to the development of creative concepts.
· Leads creative in client meetings as requested
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Functional expertise within Agency 10+ years
· Must have Bachelor’s degree from four-year college/university (creative, design, advertising, communications or related field)
· Leading and mentoring teams 5+ years
· Pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience required.
· Strong customer service skills with a commitment to superior quality.
· Must be self-motivated, professional, detail oriented, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Outstanding creative presentation skills.
· Comfortable working under pressure within tight deadlines
· Advanced PC or Mac experience with all Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Suite