Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager - Medical Communications
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits
Location: Conshohocken, Philadelphia
About the role
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for supporting account team(s) to deliver projects for assigned accounts through proactive project management, typically focusing on one or two larger accounts. Projects should be delivered to budget, schedule, agreed specification, meeting Fishawack KPIs whilst achieving client objectives and surpassing their expectations.
As part of this role, the SPM will be required to independently manage projects and accounts while further developing their experience by working on complex projects and accounts. They will need to be able to work on more challenging projects and be able to apply and adapt their skills across different accounts, communicating confidently on core tasks. The SPM role is client facing and serves as a contact for clients and other agencies. The SPM must have a good understanding of client needs and objectives, and work effectively with Client Service, Medical Writing leads and Shared Solutions, to meet client and team objectives. They should be the go-to person for clients and internal team for all non-content related project elements, regularly driving status meetings and client calls.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects from a project management and financial perspective, ensuring successful planning, management, execution and outcome
- Ensure both external and internal stakeholders are kept informed and regularly updated on project progress with any concerns being flagged to appropriate department leads in a timely manner
- Actively drive timelines and act as an internal information hub for the account
- Actively manage project finances to achieve Fishawack KPI's and proactively discuss any corrective courses of action with client and internal team
- Where possible identify, and generate, opportunities with existing and new accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned e.g. line management, mentorship, departmental training
The range of tasks which a SPM may be asked to do includes but is not limited to:
- budget development and reconciliation
- updating PM tools and running regular reports
- reviewing project management processes and finding ways to resolve
- timeline/schedule development and updating
- providing internal and external financial information
- invoicing clients; tracking and phasing projects
- traffic management; updating status sheets
- driving internal and client status calls
- mentoring and guiding best practice
- providing project feedback and input to action plans
- Minimum 5 years in project management, preferably in Medical / Healthcare Communications
- Experience in event planning/meeting management and print production and vendor management advantageous.
- Microsoft Office suite
- Self-motivated, professional and detail-oriented, with an enthusiastic desire to continuously learn, evolve and innovate