Medical Writer - Medical Communications
Salary: £Competitive + Excellent Benefits
About the role
Provide research, writing, and substantive editing expertise for customised medical communications initiatives. Responsible for developing and delivering original, accurate, high-quality content (manuscripts, slides, and other editorial assignments) within the project specifications, timeline, and budget.
Content Development-Research, write, and revise high-quality, original editorial content.
- Develops clear, concise outlines, on-target first drafts, and proactively incorporates data/revisions
- Maintains focus and completes projects in timely manner, meeting project timeline, and staying within budget (assuming project scope does not change)
- Assesses each project to proactively identify areas that will require assistance from others (ie, graphic design, editorial support); elicits help as needed
- Gains comfort in working independently on tough assignments; knows when to ask for help
- Continuously complies with Fishawack standard editorial procedures, including ethical standards
Content Editing and Referencing-Edit and appropriately reference content written by others.
- Improves clarity in others’ writing
- Ensures flow, content, and grammar are appropriate
- Enhances clarity and grammatical accuracy of the writing while maintaining the voice/tone/thoughts of external authors
- Ensures scientific accuracy while editing and referencing
Company Representation-Represent the company at client meetings (eg, advisory boards, speaker-training meetings) in a professional manner.
- Serves as onsite editorial resource in a professional manner
- Reviews and revises program content, as needed in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepares speakers for their presentations in a professional manner
- Anticipates additional onsite needs and proactively prepares for these needs
- Proactively assists project team; acts as a collaborative team member
Communication-Effectively and proactively communicate with team members (editorial, editorial support project, client), authors/faculty, and vendors in areas related to project completion.
- Ensures that information is communicated effectively within internal project teams
- Keeps project team and manager apprised of project(s) status (through weekly status meetings or routine email communications) and challenges encountered during the project (eg, changes in scope, delays in receiving comments)
- Prioritizes work, as appropriate and with help of project team and manager
- Proactively provides input to team members to enhance project outcomes
- Offers to assist others in times of slow workloads and requests assistance during times of heavy workloads
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- 4 year post secondary education, or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences; PharmD or PhD highly preferred
- 2 years of experience in medical writing; 2 years of experience in the editorial process
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Proficiency in Internet and PubMed searches. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team.