Editorial Director/Scientific Services Director - Medical Communications
Editorial Director - Medical Communications
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits (pension, healthcare, bonus etc.)
Location: UK - London
About the role
Are you are you an existing Editorial Director, Scientific Director looking for a new challenge or Editorial Lead looking for a step-up?
Fishawack are searching for an Editorial Director or Scientific Director to join the group on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining consistent high editorial performance and standards in your medical writing division. You will have overall leadership of the Editorial team members, responsibility for ensuring the high quality of all deliverables and oversight of the performance of the team. As valued member of the senior editorial team, you will play a crucial role in the recruitment, development, and account alignment of colleagues across your business unit. In return, Fishawack will offer you excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
Who are Fishawack?
Fishawack Health, an independent, full-service, global healthcare communications group with over 850 medical experts, marketing
professionals and strategic specialists. We are bound by our beliefs, connected through our culture and fearlessly move forward with purpose.
Established in 2001, Fishawack Health has teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals.
What you'll do
- Overall line management responsibilities for Medical Writing team (professional development of line reports, identifying training needs, performance reviews, recruitment etc.)
- Continuous management, review and improvement of editorial processes and procedures
- Responsibility for resource planning and ensuring the high quality of all deliverables, as measured by client satisfaction
- Facilitate inter-departmental working practices to ensure optimum performance
- Actively participate in senior management meetings, driving any agreed actions with editorial teams
- Previous editorial team lead experience within a medical communications agency/setting
- Educated to degree level in biological/life sciences; PhD is highly advantageous
- Experience with resource planning and managing deliverables
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.