Project Director - Medical Communications
Salary: $Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Location: Location: Conshohocken, Philadelphia (flexible, with remote working, depending on experience)
About the role
The Fishawack Project Director (PD) is responsible for supporting account team(s) to deliver projects for assigned accounts through proactive project management, typically focusing on the larger, more complex accounts. They work closely with Project Co-ordinators (PCs) and Associate Project Managers (APMs) on key accounts, to provide direction and support, and work effectively with Editorial Leads, Account Leads, Commercial Directors and Shared Solutions, to meet client and team objectives. Projects should be delivered to budget, schedule, agreed specification, meeting Fishawack KPIs whilst achieving client objectives and surpassing their expectations. As a senior member of the Project Management team, the PD actively seeks out opportunities to contribute to the development and application of best practice. At PD level and above the additional responsibilities of the Team Lead position can be taken on.
The PD must be able to apply their experience and knowledge of the medical communications industry in both the development and the execution of tactical plans, projects and solutions and in the support of junior PM team members.
Fishawack Health, an independent, full-service, global healthcare communications group with over 850 medical experts, marketing professionals and strategic specialists. We are bound by our beliefs, connected through our culture and fearlessly move forward with purpose.
Established in 2001, Fishawack Health has teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals.
- Manage all aspects of assigned accounts from a project management and financial perspective ensuring successful planning, management, execution and outcome – working self-sufficiently on more complex/larger projects and able to apply and adapt their skills to across different accounts, communicating confidently on core tasks
- Be the go-to person internally and client-side for all project management elements – should also serve as a contact for other agencies
- Actively manage account finances to achieve Fishawack KPIs and proactively discuss any corrective course of action with client and internal team
- Be involved in tactical planning with the client, and execution of plans with internal teams – with a high level of client liaison and a good understanding of client needs and objectives
- Champion specific elements of project management roles across the team, actively driving knowledge-sharing
- Commensurate with their experience, line manage PCs, APMs or PMs
- Ideally 7 years+ in project management achieved within a Medical Communications agency
- Experience in event planning/meeting management; two years’ experience with
- Print production and vendor management.