Management Accountant (Knutsford, Cheshire)
Salary: £Competitive + Excellent Benefits (pension, healthcare etc.)
Location: Knutsford, Cheshire
About the role
We're looking for a Management Accountant to join our busy finance team on a permanent basis. As one of the fastest growing Healthcare Communications agencies in the world, you will form an integral part of our thriving organisation and finance team. You will need a flexible approach as the ability to work across a range of areas within the management accounts is a must. These areas will vary in complexity and will involve working across several entities. In return, Fishawack will offer you a supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop.
Who are the Fishawack?
Fishawack Health, an independent, full-service, global healthcare communications group with over 850 medical experts, marketing professionals and strategic specialists. We are bound by our beliefs, connected through our culture and fearlessly move forward with purpose.
Established in 2001, Fishawack Health is a dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals. Fishawack Health has over 800 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself as one of the world's leading groups of healthcare communications companies.
What you'll do
- Preparation of the month end pack, including P&L analysis, reports and commentary
- Product and take ownership of Balance Sheet reconciliations and investigation of balances when required
- Responsible for posting accounting journals, including Accruals, Prepayments,
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register
- Manage Petty Cash
- Participate in the year-end audit process & prepare ad hoc financial reports
- Variance analysis budget vs actual
- Work on various finance projects as and when required
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Proven can-do attitude with an ability to work calmly and accurately across a wide variety of tasks
- Experience as a Management Accountant or a supporting role to a Finance Manager
- Working technical knowledge of reporting standards and management accounting techniques, with a focus on trading balance sheet accounts (Accruals, Prepayments, Accrued Income, Deferred Income) and Profit & Loss reporting/analysis.
- Having experience of an ERP system would be a distinct advantage
- Capable of working effectively as part of a team and using your own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.