Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse Developer
BSG Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse Developer
Location: Fully flexible, including remote based
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits (pension, healthcare, life insurance, bonus etc.)
Fishawack Health, an independent, full-service, global healthcare communications group with over 850 medical experts, marketing professionals and strategic specialists. We are bound by our beliefs, connected through our culture and fearlessly move forward with purpose. Established in 2001, Fishawack Health has teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals.
About the role
This is a brand-new role within a rapidly expanding global group of companies. As a Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse Developer you can identify scope, key requirements, specification, creative approach and development methodology for projects. You’ll enjoy planning and designing the architecture of your projects as well as following development guidelines and be confident in estimating your time against set tasks. You are comfortable collaborating with employees across the entire group and you are happy to have your code reviewed and to follow development standards and procedures. You’ll also pro-actively report scope creep and unscheduled work immediately to the Business Solutions Director and contribute in raising risks and issues which may arise in order to lessen their impact. Post the development of initiatives, you’ll provide ongoing application support as necessary, during and after the final project delivery.
In return, Fishawack will offer you a competitive basic salary, excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
- We expect you to show you have a proven track record in development and Devops delivery
- Formal Qualification in a Computing related subject
- You should have at least 3 years’ experience and/or a relevant qualification in custom software development, Application development methodologies and frameworks
- You are a self-builder in and outside of work and are interested in the latest trends & technics
- Experience with SaaS Application API consumption and manipulation
- Experienced at modelling data Schemas, SQL Server, T-SQL, stored procedures, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Business intelligence / data warehouse technologies such as Power BI
- Broad knowledge of the digital development environment current standards and trends
- Creative and innovative thinker and solution builder
- You should be enthusiastic and passionate about digital development and data manipulation
- Up-to-date on latest Microsoft technologies and best practices, including knowledge of emerging standards
- Communication skills and a team player
- Analytical, diagnostic skills, able to understand and assist senior team members
- Self-motivated, positive under pressure
- Work with colleagues in a way that is consistent with Fishawack operating principles and business priorities.
- Strong personal drive to deliver quality
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Quick and keen to learn
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.