Project Director - Medical Communications
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits (pension, healthcare, life insurance etc.)
Location: Flexible; Manchester, Knutsford, Abingdon or Brighton
About the role
As a Project Director you will be responsible for supporting account teams to deliver projects for assigned accounts through proactive project management, typically focusing on the larger, more complex accounts. You will work closely with junior members of the team on key accounts, to provide direction and support, and work effectively with Editorial Leads, Account Leads, Commercial Directors and Shared Solutions, to meet client and team objectives. You will ensure that projects are delivered to budget, schedule and agreed specification, meeting Fishawack KPI's whilst achieving client objectives and surpassing their expectations. As a senior member of the Project Management team, you will actively seek out opportunities to contribute to the development and application of best practice. In return, Fishawack will offer you excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
Who are the Fishawack?
Fishawack Health, an independent, full-service, global healthcare communications group with over 850 medical experts, marketing professionals and strategic specialists. We are bound by our beliefs, connected through our culture and fearlessly move forward with purpose.
Established in 2001, Fishawack Health is a dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals. Fishawack Health has over 800 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself as one of the world's leading groups of healthcare communications companies.
What you'll do
- Manage all aspects of assigned accounts from a project management and financial perspective, ensuring successful planning, management, execution and outcomes
- Be the go-to person internally and client-side for all project management elements
- Actively manage account finances to achieve Fishawack KPIs and proactively discuss any corrective course of action with clients and internal teams
- Be involved in tactical planning with your clients and the execution of these plans across internal teams
- Have a high level of client liaison and a strong understanding of their needs and objectives
- Actively drive knowledge-sharing and champion specific elements of project management across the team
- Line manage, mentor and support project coordinators, associate project managers and project managers
- Budget development and system management
- Extensive project management experience achieved within a Medical Communications/Healthcare Communications agency environment
- A high degree of financial understanding and management
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Ability to manage, delegate and mentor junior team members
- Bachelors degree in business/marketing/science related field is advantageous
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.