Editorial Project Specialist
Editorial Project Specialist
About the role
As a key member of the Editorial Services team, sitting within the shared solutions business unit, the Editorial Project Specialist will manage the electronic review and content development processes used by clients, including preparation of completed document from writers; submission, retrieval, and distribution of documents for review and revision; and dissemination of updated core documents and client guidelines. Additionally, the successful candidate will contribute to proofreading, quality control reviews, error reading, and the development of competitive intelligence materials. Manage digital content updates, permissions acquisition, and journal/congress submissions.
Reporting directly to the Editorial Services Director, this influential role will lead editorial services-driven projects and ensure that all work across key accounts and teams meets Fishawack’s high quality standards. There will be ample opportunities to train junior colleagues and drive best practices across selected accounts, alongside a structured career pathway through to Principal Editorial Project Specialist.
Who are the Fishawack?
Fishawack Health, an independent, full-service, global healthcare communications group with over 850 medical experts, marketing
professionals and strategic specialists. We are bound by our beliefs, connected through our culture and fearlessly move forward with purpose.
Established in 2001, Fishawack Health has teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals.
What you'll do
- Manage and deliver the resourcing, scheduling, coordination, and reporting of project deliverables, including those undergoing clients’ electronic review processes
- Lead and deliver project work as assigned, including managing priorities and supporting client-driven projects, with an eye toward oversight of resourced projects
- Manage permissions acquisition and submission packages to journals and congresses on behalf of dedicated accounts
- Liaise with colleagues, client review managers, review software vendors
- Travel occasionally to receive training and updates on client review process guidelines
- Actively collaborate with the team, value suggestions/feedback and support colleagues
- Educated to degree level as a minimum; English or Communications specialism is preferred
- Ideally 2 years’+ publication support and editorial process experience
- Strong project management skills, including financial oversight
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work proactively, independently and as a team
- Champion best editorial practices and mentor junior members of the team