Salary: £Competitive + Excellent Benefits (pension, bonus, healthcare, life insurance)
Location: Knutsford, Abingdon or Brighton office
About the role
As a Medical Editor you will provide Editorial Services support for assigned client accounts. As an experienced member of the team, you will ensure that editorial work across accounts and teams meets Fishawack's quality standards, training junior colleagues, and advocate for best editorial practices. In return, Fishawack will offer you excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
Who are Fishawack?
Fishawack Health, an independent, full-service, global healthcare communications group with over 850 medical experts, marketing professionals and strategic specialists. We are bound by our beliefs, connected through our culture and fearlessly move forward with purpose.
Established in 2001, Fishawack Health has teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals.
What you'll do
- Copyedit manuscripts, posters, abstracts, slides, minutes, digital pieces, correspondence, and other written materials as requested
- Perform data checking
- Maintain, update client specific style guidelines and related editorial processes
- Develop and maintain the company's editorial style guide
- Review proofread materials prior to release for production
- Work with colleagues to determine the level of copy editing and/or proofreading required for a given project
- English, Communications, Life Sciences or related degree; advance degree preferred
- Experience in medical and/or pharmaceutical editing and/or editing scientific materials
- Working knowledge of AMA manual of style and proficiency in applying necessary style guidelines to written work
- Knowledge of online reference-retrieval tools
- Mastery of client reference and review processes
What we can offer
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance, life insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.