Flipdish is one of the fastest growing startups in Europe. Founded in 2015, Flipdish enables restaurants to directly accept online orders and manage their online presence and operations, without having to list on aggregator platforms. Flipdish powers the online ordering systems for over 1000 restaurants in over 10 countries, and is expanding rapidly.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To be the market leader for white-label online ordering globally, with a focus on customer and employee success.”
Flipdish are seeking their first site reliability engineer / devops engineer to help ensure the platform remains always available in all countries where we operate.
The candidate should have an in-depth, hands-on, knowledge of Azure cloud infrastructure and HAProxy. The candidate will be expected to know how to architect an e-commerce solution operating in multiple countries around the globe.
Using your experience you will get the chance to work with and setup automated build & deployments to cover web, iOS and Android using a C# backend with SQL Server, hosted on Azure, while looking at implementing monitoring/ alerting across our environments.
You understand the architectural requirements of large scale, distributed, consumer facing applications.
Initial work would include
- Managing build, configuration, deployment etc. of a range of applications and infrastructure
- Designing systems to allow for zero-downtime automated deployments (Azure, iOS, Android)
- Working out how to ensure zero downtime during data-centre outages (Zone redundancy)
- Putting in place suitable system monitoring & alerting
- Setting up HAProxy
- Creating and automating test and staging environments setup in Azure to be used across a number of Agile teams
- Automate process for infrastructure changes
- Putting in place disaster recovery plans
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies and services with Azure
- Working knowledge of various CI tooling including CircleCI, Azure DevOps, Travis, Jenkins or similar
- Previous experience with build and deployment of Android & iOS apps an advantage
- Scripting knowledge for tooling and deployments - Shell, Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Previous experience with monitoring tools similar to App Dynamics, New Relic, Data Dog