Software Test Engineer
Flipdish is a global software business headquartered in Dublin, and one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. The company employs 100 team members across 7 countries and expects this to double in the next 12 months.
There is a dramatic and rapid shift from offline to online in the hospitality industry. In the next 10 years we will see; the proliferation of self serve kiosks, delivery drones take to the skies, and dark kitchens transform the industry. Flipdish is leading the way.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To be the market leader for white-label online ordering globally, with a focus on customer and employee success.”
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish are seeking a Software Test Engineer that wants to gain experience and have input to a fast-paced, rapidly growing technology company. This person will join a dedicated QA function embedded within agile teams, with the opportunity to help grow and input to the day to day working of the team. The role will be a mix of some manual with the main focus on automation, with automation training provided. You will have the opportunity to grow your automation skills along with gaining knowledge on automated environment setup, build/ deployment tooling and a number of technologies as we progress towards a Continuous Delivery model.
- Design and create test cases, manual and automated, to address business and technical use cases.
- Work within an Agile environment (Scrum), using JIRA, along with a number of automated build/ deployment tools.
- Opportunity to learn automation and help to move the company towards a full CI/CD model.
- Interact with product and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the products.
- Execute manual and automated testing across the applications backend and frontend while using a range of hardware including desktop & mobile.
- Deploying to and maintaining test environments using a number of automated tools and processes such as Azure DevOps, CircleCI & Travis CI.
- Gain knowledge on automation execution environment setup & configuration for Windows, iOS & Android, with tools like Jenkins, Docker and Selenoid
- Support production deployments of applications.
- Quickly gain product knowledge and become a product expert.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 2+ years’ experience in QA, preferably in an agile environment.
- Knowledge of automation with technologies like Selenium, Appium, RobotFramework or similar beneficial.
- Exposure to teåsting technology implementations with some of the following a benefit: C#, React, IIS, SQL Server, Windows Server and iOS/ Android.
- Experience in testing dynamic applications across web and mobile.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic database skills with MS SQL.
- Previous experience testing APIs with tools like Postman/ SoapUI.
- Some working knowledge of a programming language a benefit, Python, C# or Java.
- Some knowledge of CI/CD tooling and processes an advantage. Jenkins, CircleCI, Azure DevOps.
- Ability to work on own initiative and must be detail oriented.
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 23 days holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Access to training and certification
- Bike to work
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Employee referral programme
- Access to a PRSA
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and multicultural team
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
Flipdish is based in Dublin, you will need to be currently eligible to work in Ireland without the need for sponsorship.