VP of Engineering
Flipdish is a global software business headquartered in Dublin, and one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. The company employs 100 team members across 7 countries and expects this to double in the next 12 months.
There is a dramatic and rapid shift from offline to online in the hospitality industry. In the next 10 years we will see; the proliferation of self-serve kiosks, delivery drones take to the skies, and dark kitchens transform the industry. Flipdish is leading the way.
We are looking for a motivated, smart, hardworking addition to our team. The successful candidate for this role will be working directly with the Founders and senior management team. The successful candidate will be a high-achiever with strong organisational skills. There are excellent opportunities for growth within the company and success will only be limited by the ability of the candidate.
Why We Need You
Due to our continued rapid growth throughout the Covid-19 crisis, we're seeking an experienced VP of Engineering to help drive our expanding range of applications. You will join the Tech team with the opportunity to help grow our current and future products and make them market leaders.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams.
- Experience in recruiting Engineers and contributors.
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
What You'll Do
- Leading the team through management and mentorship.
- Supervise efficient working of the company and ensure compliance to company policies and regulations.
- Monitor all complaints and problems and ensure timely resolution for all.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of all methodologies and development processes.
- Contributing to recruitment activities.
- Prepare an efficient evaluation system for the production process to maximize productivity.
- Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Preparing and optimizing budgets.
- Recommending technological developments and improvements on efficiency.
- Developing the team to ensure quality end products.
- Assist the human resources department in recruitment of staff and ensure appropriate functioning of the production process.
Tech We Work With
- Cloud Platforms (Azure / AWS)
- ASP.NET, C#, Entity Framework, MS SQL, MongoDB
- MS SQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
- React, React-Native
- Remote work
- Attractive base salary (DOE)
- Attractive Equity/Shares package
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
- 23 days holidays
- Flexible working
- Bike to work
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Employee referral programme
- Access to a PRSA
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and multicultural team
- Team-building activities and social events
Flipdish is based in Dublin, you will need to be currently eligible to work in Ireland without the need for sponsorship.