Product Owner - Mobile
Product Owner - Mobile
We build consumer mobile applications for thousands of clients, and millions of users. That application they hold in their hand and order their favourite food on is a direct interface between the end customer and our clients’ brand. It’s arguably the most critical touchpoint for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Dublin and across the globe.
You’ll own our consumer mobile applications, working directly with a highly skilled team of designers, developers, QA architects and managers, to build the most impactful mobile applications in the food ordering industry.
You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
What You'll Do
- Drive your team as the Product Owner, working across cutting edge mobile, web and tablet applications
- Providing vision and direction to your team and stakeholders throughout the project
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of well defined work
- Plan and prioritise the product feature backlog and development for the products
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the team's work
- Work closely with the rest of your Product team to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value
- Lead the planning of product releases and set the expectation for delivery of new functionality
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Research and analyse markets, the users and end customers to create a top class product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Reasoned. You can make a decision and defend it confidently, based on a thorough understanding of business and product building
- Disciplined and determined
- Naturally motivated
- Proactive and don’t wait to be told what to do
- Always looking to be challenged and do not shy away from change
- Not an asshole
- Friendly and empathic
- You've got 5+ years experience in a Product role
- B2C experience preferably working on consumer mobile applications
- You're technical. Maybe you've worked as a dev before, and you understand what an API is and how one endpoint can be used in multiple different products
- You're commercially aware. You understand that software isn't free to build and maintain, and you can justify your decisions by displaying an understanding of how it will potentially impact the bottom line
- You're allergic to bad UX. You won't need to be able to create a perfect high fidelity design, but you can quickly whip up a prototype to communicate a user flow, and you can spot UX issues in existing products and have opinions on how to fix them
- You're familiar with multiple software development methodologies. You've used multiple before and learned lessons with each of them
- You're comfortable talking to internal stakeholders as well as clients, and can manage their expectations with ease
- Bonus points if you've got a side project or two that keep your curiosity and creativity on fire, or even better, make you money as a business
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 23 days holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working from home
- Bike to work
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Employee referral programme
- Access to a PRSA
We Also Have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of folks into our organization.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 150+ Digital Food retailing enthusiasts, 3000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”