Finance and Tax Manager
Finance and Tax Manager
Flipdish is growing at an exceptional rate - we have trebled our size in 2020. This growth means we have to keep on top of all aspects of our business, and accurate financial information is critical to this.
This hire will become a key member of our finance team, reporting to the Financial Controller, engaging regularly with the finance team and wider Flipdish business. You will be tasked with taking ownership of the core financials such as general accounting across 4 subsidiaries, VAT compliance, preparing monthly management accounts with detailed flux analysis and leading the year end audit process.
Key duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
● Monthly accounts, consolidation preparation and ownership of month end close in line with business requirements for a number of entities
● Review and improve finance policies, procedures and controls
● Lead year-end audit process and prepare year-end reporting packs for subsidiaries and consolidated accounts.
● Review company costs and seek ways to reduce costs
● Assist with the development of finance team
● Review and help further develop the internal controls across the group
● Support the Finance team on various ad hoc projects, including bringing improvements/efficiencies to the current systems in place and expansion into new regions.
● Preparation of VAT returns
● Qualified accountant with appropriate professional experience
● Technical excellence in accounting
● Demonstrable evidence of leading a small but high performing team
● Strong working knowledge of tax
● Proven track record of driving continuous improvement on monthly financial processes
● Experience of writing and enforcing financial policies/procedures
● In-depth knowledge of Xero accounting packages an advantage
● Strong work ethic
● Comfortable working in fast paced environment where things change frequently
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Excellent organizational skills/ability to prioritize work
● Process orientated
● Ability to work in team environment
● Can-do attitude - hard working and driven
● Attractive base salary
● 23 days annual leave
● Flexible working
● Bike to work
● TaxSaver Scheme
● Access to a PRSA
We also have
● Access to training and certification
● Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
● Team-building activities and social events
● Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
Flipdish is one of the fastest growing B2B SaaS companies, with headquarters in Dublin and offices in New York, Austin, London, Berlin and Barcelona. At Flipdish we provide cutting-edge technology to restaurants and the hospitality industry, giving them the tools to survive and thrive in a digital world.
Founded in 2015, Flipdish is a multinational e-commerce company that offers a suite of digital ordering and marketing services to simplify the process of running an online store for restaurants, without having to list on food delivery marketplaces. We work with leading food brands globally and make a meaningful difference to their business. Flipdish employs over 150 staff, has customers in over 15 countries and is on track to double in size in the next year.
What happens next
We are moving fast with our recruitment processes. Your application will be reviewed inside 48 hours and if there is a possible good fit, our talent team will be in touch to get to know you better and explain next steps.