Software Engineering Manager - Web Order
Software Engineering Manager - Web Order Team
Flipdish builds consumer mobile applications for thousands of restaurants, used by their millions of customers. The application they use to order their favourite food is a direct interface between the end customer and our clients’ brand. It’s arguably the most critical touchpoint for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Dublin and across the globe.
You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking an experienced Software Development Manager for our Web Order Team. This person will join the Engineering team with the opportunity to help grow and input to the day to day working of the team using past experiences to help improve our range of products across the Flipdish ecosystem.
You will lead an empowered product team, and be responsible for delivering full end-to-end product value directly to our customers.
The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting new challenge in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and team leadership, and be willing to take on new challenges and input to the company’s growth.
What You'll Do
- Be a hands-on person leading the team from the front as well as a coach, guide and mentor for software engineers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
- As a people manager, you will lead a high performing team with a strong culture of trust, collaboration, and autonomy
- Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals
- Recruit, interview and hire for your team
- Identify knowledge/skills gaps gaps in your team that can be filled with training or with new recruits
- Be the voice of your team with stakeholders, from issues and challenges they are having to publicizing their achievements.
- Train and develop your team members and give them regular feedback on their performance
- Take feedback from your team and others to improve your own performance
- Reasoned. You can make a decision and defend it confidently, based on a thorough understanding of business and product development
- Energised but calm in dynamic situations
- Disciplined and determined, and motivated by team success
- Friendly, empathetic, and considerate
- 3+ years engineering team leadership experience
- Previous hands on development experience
- Experience working with and managing Agile teams, as well as driving improvement across the whole development process
- Experience hiring highly proficient software developers and automation engineers
- A deep understanding of modern software development practices
- You foster an environment where communication, teamwork, and collaboration are rewarded
- Focus on quality, while increasing efficiency, delivering value, while reducing waste
- You have a proven history of building close working relationships with your stakeholders and creating world-class products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong SaaS or Cloud company background.
- Experience of CI/CD with tooling such as Azure DevOps, Circle CI, Jenkins.
- Experience with software-based infrastructure such as Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 23 days holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working from home
- Bike to work
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Employee referral programme
- Access to a PRSA
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of folks into our organization.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 150+ Digital Food retailing enthusiasts, 3000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”