Software Engineering Manager - Infrastructure Team
Software Engineering Manager - Infrastructure Team
Flipdish builds consumer mobile applications for thousands of restaurants, used by their millions of customers. The application they use to order their favourite food is a direct interface between the end customer and our clients’ brand. It’s arguably the most critical touchpoint for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Ireland and across the globe.
You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people and resources, and then provided the autonomy and trust to allow you to succeed.
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking an experienced manager for our Infrastructure Team. The Infrastructure team is responsible for the systems that our product-focused engineers use each day to reliably deliver software to production: CI/CD, automation technology, cloud orchestration systems, and all that surrounds them.
We are looking for an experienced manager to manage our team of Infrastructure Engineers and help coordinate their work towards measurable outcomes. If the Infrastructure team is successful, we will have shorter cycle times from commit to deployment, more frequent deployments each day, low deployment failure rates, rapid restoration of service after interruptions, and efficient spending in our cloud environments.
The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting new challenge in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and team leadership, and be willing to take on new challenges and input to the company’s growth.
What You'll Do
- Be a hands-on person leading the team from the front, and be a coach, guide and mentor for your team of engineers
- As a people manager, you will lead a high performing team with a strong culture of trust, collaboration, and autonomy
- Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals
- Recruit, interview and hire for your team
- Accelerate conversations around platform and DevOps
- Ensure that budget activities are properly delivered (forecast, actuals, etc.) and that budget targets are met
- Identify knowledge & skills gaps in your team and create plans to address them
- Be the voice of your team with stakeholders, from issues and challenges they are having to publicizing their achievements
- Train and develop your team members and give them regular feedback on their performance
- Take feedback from your team and others to improve your own performance
- Reasoned. You can make a decision and defend it confidently, based on a thorough understanding of business and product development
- Energised but calm in dynamic situations
- Disciplined and determined, and motivated by team success
- Friendly, empathetic, and considerate
- Recent experience managing engineers in a high impact organization
- A background as an individual contributor with experience in a modern tech stack
- Strong knowledge of IT Production, in particular ITIL and DevOps
- Excellent skills in modern Cloud Infrastructure (Azure preferred)
- Ability to manage a budget in full autonomy, clear understanding of basic financial concepts (actuals, amortization, etc.)
- Experience hiring highly proficient software developers and automation engineers
- A deep understanding of modern software development practices and DevOps culture
- Focus on quality, while increasing efficiency, delivering value, while reducing waste
- A proven history of building close working relationships with your stakeholders and creating world-class products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 23 days holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working from home
- Bike to work
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Employee referral programme
- Access to a PRSA
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of folks into our organization.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 150+ Digital Food retailing enthusiasts, 3000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”