Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Flipdish builds consumer mobile applications for thousands of restaurants, used by their millions of customers. The application they use to order their favourite food is a direct interface between the end customer and our clients’ brand. It’s arguably the most critical touchpoint for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Ireland and across the globe.
You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking an experienced Senior Frontend Software Engineer. This person will join the Engineering team with the opportunity to help grow and input to the day-to-day working of the team using past experiences to help improve our range of products across the Flipdish ecosystem.
The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting new opportunity in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and be willing to take on new challenges and input to the company’s growth.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication abilities
- Ability to work with different teams, prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Natural inclination to continually improve our technical stack and ways of working
- Passion for user experience with the ability to work closely with designers, product managers and other engineers to design product experiences which delight our customers and users
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- React/React-Native with Typescript
- Proficiency in writing unit and functional tests for Web UIs
- Experience of Test Automation technologies such as, Cypress, Selenium, or WebDriver
- Experience with Material UI
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 23 days holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working from home
- Bike to work
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Employee referral programme
- Access to a PRSA
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of folks into our organisation.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 150+ Digital Food retailing enthusiasts, 3000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”