Business Analyst - Summer Internship 2021
Business Analyst - Paid Summer Internship 2021
Flipdish builds consumer mobile applications for thousands of restaurants, used by their millions of customers. The application they use to order their favourite food is a direct interface between the end customer and our clients’ brand. It’s arguably the most critical touchpoint for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level. Flipdish has seen extraordinary growth in the last 12 months including investment of €40m from Tiger Global. We expect to double our workforce in the next 18 months.
This internship will start on the 31st of May 2021 and will finish on the 27th of August 2021
As a summer intern you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with full-time product owner mentors on either an existing team or a new project. You’ll do work that matters and gain practical experience. Interns are fully integrated business analysts who spend the summer documenting business requirements, working on Flipdish products, producing user stories, and much more! The successful candidate must be analytical, curious to understand what is behind the problem, agile and able to support multiple priorities.
The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting opportunity in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and be willing to take on new challenges and input to the company’s growth.
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant degree.
- Analytical approach to problems with a strong ability of documentation and project management.
- Self-starter with a passion for quickly learning and implementing new concepts
- You have an inquisitive mindset with a natural desire to understand problems spaces in detail.
- Confident and willing to speak your mind and influence people around you but always based on learned knowledge and data.
- Excellent organizational skills,ability to prioritize tasks, work with schedules, manage resources while remaining focused on team goals skills (organizing meetings/calls and coordinating activities)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving skills and effective communication
- A link to a project you have worked on is highly desirable
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of folks into our organization.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 150+ Digital Food retailing enthusiasts, 3000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”