In-House Legal Counsel
Flipdish is a hyper-growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) that puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits, and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app, or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 150+ Digital Food retailing enthusiasts, 3000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany, and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”
We are looking for a motivated, smart, hard-working person to head up our new Legal team. The successful candidate for this role will be a high-achiever with at least 5 years of experience and will be well versed in Commercial Law, M&A, HR, and Data Protection regulations. There are excellent opportunities for growth within the company and success will only be limited by the ability of the candidate. This role will be reporting to the CFO.
- Working closely with Flipdish Founders and the Senior team
- Wearing multiple hats depending on the day by providing a wide range of legal advice and counsel to our global team
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements with enterprise-type customers
- Working as part of our M&A team in carrying out Due Diligence work and assisting in transacting new deals
- Cooperating and working closely with other team members across EMEA and the US
- Sound and practical business judgment. Comfortable as the primary legal adviser
- 5+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department with preferably in the technology industry
- Able to work independently
- Great communicator that is comfortable liaising with multiple teams to solve problems
- Exposure to Commercial and HR laws together with being well versed in your GDPR / Data Protection
- Fully proficient in English, given that this is a global position
- Can-do attitude
- Fully remote
- 23 days holidays
- Flexible working
- Bike to work
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Employee referral program
- Access to a PRSA
- A collaborative work environment with a dynamic and multicultural team
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company