Head of Product - Integrations & Tooling
Head of Product - Integrations & Tooling
Our Integrations & Internal Tooling product teams provide the capabilities that allow us to connect with both internal and 3rd party technology in order to deliver higher value, seamless consumer and business operations experiences, and to improve our internal operations processes. We provide an extensive range of APIs to allow 3rd parties to integrate with us to provide value add services such as food delivery services and integrated point of sale (POS) experiences. In addition, our integrations team actively identify, engage and integrate directly with key 3rd party service providers and middleware platforms to ensure that we are continually expanding our core offering to include more and more partners, off the shelf, in our key markets.
We are looking for an experienced product professional to join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our product teams across the globe.
The Head of Product for Integrations & Tooling is the primary driver for the product vision on these product lines which includes product APIs, POS integrations, delivery Integrations, integration middleware and internal operations integrations. It is a hands-on role where you will be expected to lead a team of product managers and also work directly with one of the individual product teams to deliver products for our clients and end-users.
You will be responsible for the product strategy, and its execution, for your product lines. You will ensure that roadmaps deliver against strategic objectives. You will ensure that there is alignment and appropriate dependency management between roadmaps to support efficient delivery of product. You will be obsessive about APIs and platform extensibility, ensuring it is at the core of our strategy. For your own product, you will be empowered to uncover the problems and opportunities for your product, have access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success..
What You'll Do
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of our business strategy, the market we operate in, the competitive landscape, and our client and end-user needs.
- Build and nurture relationships with key partners who can help Flipdish accelerate our business growth.
- Spearhead and lead on market analysis to identify new opportunities, relevant to your product lines, which could seriously turn the dial on our proposition.
- Build a best-in-class team. Through recruitment, mentoring and leadership, you will empower your team and foster an environment of high-performance. You will resolve the challenges that prevent the team from achieving their goals.
- Ensure that new product propositions are suitably quantified for value of outcome before being committed to roadmaps and delivery. You will act as both a supporter and scrutineer for new ideas. You will ensure that our company strategy is used as our north star for new product development but will leverage your years of experience and pragmatism to always do what is best for the business.
- You will work with your team, and with other HoPs to ensure that there is optimal alignment in our work, ensuring that cross team dependencies are identified often and early and carefully managed in our roadmaps.
- You’ll be expected to know when changes in food ordering trends could and should affect the roadmap of your product lines. You will need to be able to distinguish the signal from the noise.
- Identify and prioritise the problems and the needs which define your product roadmap, focusing on those with maximum impact and which are aligned with our product strategy.
- Develop a set of commercially focused metrics for your product features that you will measure yourself against
- Collate the great ideas that are generated every day across our business to manage a prioritised backlog of quick win “always improving” features which will continually delight our clients and end-users.
- Work closely with other products team to identify cross team dependencies early and makes sure everyone agrees what they have to do, when, to realise that value
- Continually provide vision and direction to your team and stakeholders
- Ensure that the team always has a more-than-adequate, well defined, prioritised and clearly articulated backlog of work
- Lead the planning of product releases and set the expectation for delivery of new functionality
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Reasoned. You can make a decision and defend it confidently, based on a thorough understanding of business and product building
- Adept at using your knowledge and experience to influence others
- Disciplined and determined
- Naturally motivated
- Proactive and don’t wait to be told what to do
- Always looking to be challenged and do not shy away from change
- Pedantic about the quality of what you release
- Friendly and empathic
- You've got 7+ years experience in API / Middleware product management roles
- You have led product teams and established clear, achievable business linked goals that they measure themselves against.
- You're technical and analytical. Maybe you cut your teeth in a development, quality assurance or business analyst background and were naturally drawn to Product over the subsequent years.
- You're commercially aware. You understand that software isn't free to build and maintain, and you can justify your decisions by displaying an understanding of how it will potentially impact the bottom line.
- You're familiar with multiple software development methodologies. You've used multiple before and learned lessons with each of them.
- Your product lines are a critical part of our strategy so you can expect both stakeholders and clients to be very active commentators and have strong opinions on the direction of your product. You are highly pro-active and collaborative in your approach to leveraging the insights of stakeholders in driving product direction.
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 23 days holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working from home
- Bike to work
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Employee referral programme
- Access to a PRSA
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of folks into our organization.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 150+ Digital Food retailing enthusiasts, 3000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”