Junior Software Engineer - App Support Team
Junior Software Engineer - App Support Team
Flipdish builds consumer mobile applications for thousands of restaurants, used by their millions of customers. The application they use to order their favorite food is a direct interface between the end customer and our client’s brand. It’s arguably the most critical touchpoint for any modern business, and we need you to help take that essential interaction to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Dublin and across the globe.
You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking an experienced Software Engineer for the Application Support Team. The team is responsible for supporting and resolving Bug Reports from our internal and external teams and is critical for our restaurant-owning customers, who typically use different technologies to run their business.
The successful candidate must be analytical, curious to understand what is behind the problem, agile and able to support multiple priorities.
The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting opportunity in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and be willing to take on new challenges and input to the company’s growth.
What You'll Do
- Maintaining existing product features;
- Adhering to company standards on coding quality, style, and design;
- Creating and maintaining automated tests to verify code quality;
- Being on-call for certain scheduled times;
- Communicating work status regularly and reflecting same in project tracking systems.
- Troubleshoot & resolve internal & external issues or escalate them to the correct team to be resolved in a timely manner
- Work closely with Engineers to upskill on resolving issues.
- Provide data on the types of issues being logged and look to propose areas that can be improved on or tooling that could potentially be built to cut down on the number of issues being raised.
- Integrate closely with other teams to gather information on their workflows and see if there are any ways of improving from a support perspective which will lead to a decrease in issues overall. ”being proactive not reactive”
- Constantly look to improve on the overall process and work with internal teams to see how they can be supported in the best way we can.
- Reasoned. You can make a decision and defend it confidently, based on a thorough understanding of business and product development and process
- Energised but calm in dynamic situations
- Disciplined and determined, and motivated by team success
- Friendly, empathetic, and considerate
- Ability to work with different teams, prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Natural inclination to continually improve our technical footprint
- Strong experience in supporting Engineering teams
- Previous hands on experience working with customer facing teams
- Experience working with technology delivering “best in class” products
- A deep understanding of software and support workflows
- Focus on quality, while increasing efficiency, delivering value, while reducing waste
- You have a proven history of building close working relationships with your stakeholders and creating technical solutions to be proud of
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong level of ownership, autonomy with a focus on delivering impactful results.
- Strong desire of success and support the company to deliver on our goals
- Knowledge of some or all of the following:
- React/React-Native with Typescript
- Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Android (Java/Kotlin), iOS (swift) or React Native mobile development experience
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 23 days holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working from home
- Bike to work
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Employee referral program
- Access to a PRSA
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- A collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of folks into our organization.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 150+ Digital Food retailing enthusiasts, 3000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To process more digital on-demand food orders than any other company”