Business Analyst - Product
Business Analyst - Product
Our product teams build mobile, web, kiosk applications, payment, self service management applications, point of sale experiences and integrations which service thousands of clients, and millions of end-users. The applications and services which we supply build strong, lasting relationships between consumers and our clients brands and are critical for the success of their businesses. We need your help to take these products and services to the next level.
You’ll join us in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our product teams across the globe.
As a Business Analyst in our product organisation you will support our product managers and engineering teams in solving some of our more challenging problems to build the most impactful applications in the food ordering industry.
You will play a key part in identifying and justifying what we should build next, and be responsible for ensuring that all the necessary analysis is at hand to solve that problem to a very high quality bar.. You will be empowered to uncover the problems and opportunities associated with our products, will have access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to lead your team to success.
Our business analysts are hands-on and will cross tactical and strategic activities. You will work with multiple teams helping to solve problems across multiple domains.
What You'll Do
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of our business strategy, the market we operate in, and our client and end-user needs
- Work with our product leaders to perform detailed market analysis to quantify market opportunities
- Capture complex requirements from stakeholders, provide analysis of requirements and suggest recommendations and alternative solutions which will enable our teams to move faster
- Ensure that your analysis captures the needs and expectations related to the different geographies which we operate in
- Work closely with each product team to ensure decisions being made are aligned across the product org and that the impacts are documented and understood
- Collaborate the the teams at all stages of the development process to ensure high quality delivery of products
- Provide post-implementation support to ensure that our products operate effectively in their early life
- Work with UAT to ensure the product meets the need of complex use cases.
- Identify, document and recommend business process change where relevant.
- Reasoned. You can make a decision and defend it confidently, based on a thorough understanding of business and product building
- Adept at using your knowledge and experience to influence others
- Disciplined and determined
- Naturally motivated and inquisitive
- Proactive and don’t wait to be told what to do
- Always looking to be challenged and do not shy away from change
- Pedantic about the quality of what you release
- Friendly and empathic
- You've got 3+ years experience in a Business Analysis role
- You're technical and analytical.
- You're commercially aware. You understand that software isn't free to build and maintain, and that poor quality product has a high cost associated with it.
- You are comfortable in creating hard metric based goals for yourself and your product and holding yourself to them.
- You're allergic to bad UX. You won't need to be able to create a high fidelity design or interactive prototypes, but you can quickly whip up a visual to communicate a user flow and start a conversation. You can spot UX issues in existing products and have opinions on how to fix them
- You're familiar with multiple software development methodologies. You've used multiple before and learned lessons with each of them
- Bonus points if you've got a side project or two that keep your curiosity and creativity on fire, or even better, make you money as a business
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 23 days holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working from home
- Bike to work
- Taxsaver Scheme
- Employee referral program
- Access to a PRSA
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- A collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of folks into our organization.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (3rd in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 150+ Digital Food retailing enthusiasts, 3000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To process more digital on-demand food orders than any other company”