Flynn O'Driscoll is a business law firm focused on achieving practical business solutions for its clients.
We are a full service, business law firm, offering expertise across a wide spectrum of legal services including Corporate, Commercial, Employment, Intellectual Property, Banking, Asset Finance, Aviation, Commercial Litigation and Commercial Property.
We advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate finance, venture capital and private equity, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, IT contracts, outsourcings, commercial contracts and general commercial matters.
Our clients greatly value our ability to deliver quality legal advice in a personal and client-directed manner. Our proactive and time sensitive approach allows our clients to meet their objectives and this remains our most important goal. We pride ourselves on the personal and long-lasting relationships we develop and maintain with each individual client.
Flynn O’Driscoll has been in business for over 16 years and has grown steadily over those years. Our ethos can be captured in the mantras that are in daily usage in the firm “Solutions, not problems”; “Think commercially”; “Know and understand the client’s business”; and “Hire for attitude, not for skills”. We believe our ethos sets us apart from other law firms.
We believe in investing in our people and provide interesting and challenging work. The calibre of our people is crucial to our success as a law firm and we approach each day with that mind-set. Our reputation for being a great firm to deal with is one of which we are justifiably proud.
Flynn O'Driscoll are now seeking to recruit a Company Secretarial Trainee.
Due to continued commercial growth and success, we are currently recruiting a Company Secretarial Trainee to join the Flynn O’Driscoll team.
This is a permanent full-time Dublin-based position, reporting to James Duggan, Partner.
About the role
The successful candidate will:
- work in a collaborative environment with colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of professional excellence;
- gain “on-the-job” experience across the spectrum of company secretarial, company law, compliance and corporate governance matters often with an international component;
- deliver company secretarial compliance services to a portfolio of clients;
- assist with drafting documentation to give effect to corporate reorganisations, transfer of undertakings, hive-outs, cross border mergers and succession planning corporate restructurings;
- provide advice to clients on matters relating to Company Law;
- be interested in working towards taking the ICSA exams and achieving a formal qualification and accreditation from the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators;
- keep up to date with relevant regulatory changes;
- be employed in a firm where personal development is as important as professional development.
You will have:
- Superior computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- The ability to pay attention to detail and a strong work ethic;
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to manage a busy workload whilst meeting deadlines;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
You will also display willingness and enthusiasm to work with ambitious and highly capable professionals and be excited to contribute to and be involved in the continuing development of the Firm.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with suitability
- Study support package including paid tuition, exam fees and study leave
- Bonus based on performance
- Contribution to gym membership
- Contribution to health insurance
- 20 Days’ Annual Leave
- Cycle to Work scheme
- TaxSaver commuter tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would enjoy working in a busy, growing and supportive company while also expanding upon their own experience and qualifications.
To apply for this role please click on this link to submit both your CV and Cover Letter