Flynn O'Driscoll is a business law firm focused on achieving practical business solutions for its clients.
We are a full service, business law firm, offering expertise across a wide spectrum of legal services including Corporate, Commercial, Employment, Intellectual Property, Banking, Asset Finance, Aviation, Commercial Litigation and Commercial Property.
We advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate finance, venture capital and private equity, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, IT contracts, outsourcings, commercial contracts and general commercial matters.
Our clients greatly value our ability to deliver quality legal advice in a personal and client-directed manner. Our proactive and time sensitive approach allows our clients to meet their objectives and this remains our most important goal. We pride ourselves on the personal and long-lasting relationships we develop and maintain with each individual client.
Flynn O’Driscoll has been in business for over 16 years and has grown steadily over those years. Our ethos can be captured in the mantras that are in daily usage in the firm “Solutions, not problems”; “Think commercially”; “Know and understand the client’s business”; and “Hire for attitude, not for skills”. We believe our ethos sets us apart from other law firms.
We believe in investing in our people and provide interesting and challenging work. The calibre of our people is crucial to our success as a law firm and we approach each day with that mind-set. Our reputation for being a great firm to deal with is one of which we are justifiably proud.
Flynn O'Driscoll are now seeking to recruit an Accounts Receivable Assistant.
This is a permanent full-time Dublin-based position within the Finance Team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The successful candidate will work as part of the Finance Team. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that all customers are billed, receipts matched and that all client accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Process sales invoices and post to customer and general ledger
- Process customer receipts (cash and EFT) and apply cash in debtors ledger
- Receive cheques, lodge to bank and ensure accurate recording in the general and debtors ledger
- Manage any unapplied cash in a timely manner
- Process and issue credit notes
- Print and dispatch customer statements
- Reconcile debtors accounts
- Prepare weekly and monthly AR reports for the business as required
- Maintain solid audit trail on customer query/debt resolution in event that issues are escalated
- Prepare weekly cash report for review
- Liaise closely with Financial Accountant on any exceptions to payment terms and other credit issues
- Respond to customer requests /queries in a timely fashion to build customer satisfaction
- Develops and maintains productive working relationship with key finance team and fee earners
- Continually strive to simplify and standardise accounts receivable processes
- Support any initiatives e.g. working capital optimisation
- Support finance team in ad-hoc projects
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Ideally have some accounts receivable experience
- Experience of, and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ideally have experience in working in a service driven, customer/client focused environment
- Must be meticulous – paying great attention to details and accuracy
- Excellent telephone manner
- Must be a team player with a positive “can do” attitude
- Computer Skills- Excellent excel skills required
- Excellent organisation skills with ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
You will also display willingness and enthusiasm to work with ambitious and highly capable professionals and be excited to contribute to and be involved in the continuing development of the Firm.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual Salary €25,000 – €30,000, depending on experience
- Bonus based on performance
- Study Assistance
- Contribution to gym membership
- Contribution to health insurance
- 20 Days Annual Leave
This is an excellent opportunity for you if you are experienced in the area of debt collection or seeking to continue your career in accountancy and would like to work in a supportive company while gaining your qualification.
We ask all candidates to submit both your CV and Cover Letter