Flynn O’Driscoll, a dynamic business law firm, founded on strong entrepreneurial spirit by one man in a basement office and growing to over 70 people in the last 17 years. The firm has a strong reputation of achieving practical business solutions for its clients.
We believe in investing in our people and help you to be your best so that you can best advise our clients. The Flynn O’Driscoll Academy (FODA) provides a comprehensive programme of legal training and education tailored to each stage of your career. We provide both interesting and challenging work that promotes career opportunities and personal development. The calibre of our people is crucial to that success and has earned a reputation with clients of being a great firm to deal with.
We offer expertise across a wide spectrum of legal services including Corporate, Commercial, Employment, Intellectual Property, Banking, Asset Finance, Aviation, Commercial Litigation and Commercial Property, and advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate finance, venture capital and private equity, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, IT contracts, outsourcings, commercial contracts and general commercial matters.
Flynn O'Driscoll are now seeking to recruit a Legal Administrative Assistant for our Galway office.
Due to continued commercial growth and success, we are currently recruiting a Legal Administrative Assistant to join the Corporate Law, Commercial Law and Banking Law team, based in our Galway office. This is a permanent full-time position, and reporting to David Ryan, Partner.
About the role:
- Providing general office management tasks such as organising confidential shredding, ordering and managing stationary and toners, recycling of toners and paper/packaging;
- Receptionist duties, such as answering all calls, transferring calls and taking detailed messages, booking meeting rooms for colleagues, set-up and arrange Skype calls;
- Interaction with Operations team regarding equipment and office supplies;
- Scanning and emailing post to accounts, and post-office run for outgoing mail;
- Management of petty cash process, including bank run;
- Liaising with the Finance team regarding outstanding matters relating to the Galway office, including amongst other tasks review of credit card transaction and scanning receipts to Finance;
- Assisting with File Management;
- Assisting with organising staff and corporate events;
- Responding to all communication and queries as they arise;
- Collating reports to keep clients informed;
- Preparation of document bible post completion;
- Assisting with the billing process;
- Conduct and assist with trademark searches;
- Document production mark-up;
- And some Company Secretarial work;
- This is a role which will grow with you, as you learn you will gain more responsibility.
- You will have approximately 1 years' experience working in a busy and professional office environment, not necessarily another law firm;
- Must have excellent MS Office skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team;
- A strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude;
- An excellent academic background and references;
- A professional attitude and demeanour as the role is client facing;
- A collegiate, friendly and positive outlook;
- A practical and commercial understanding of commercial clients’ needs;
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to manage a busy workload whilst meeting deadlines;
- You must have excellent attention to detail;
- You are a team focused with the willingness and ability to support colleagues;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
Our ‘Compensation and Benefits’ offer our staff, reward and recognition for their contribution and the expertise they contribute enabling our future growth:
- Annual Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus based on performance
- Contribution to gym membership
- Contribution to health insurance
- 20 Days’ Annual Leave
- Tax Saver Commuter Tickets
- Cycle to Work Scheme
This is an excellent opportunity for you if you enjoy this type of role and would like to work in a busy, growing and supportive company.
Please ensure you submit a Cover Letter with your CV.