Flynn O’Driscoll, a dynamic business law firm, founded on strong entrepreneurial spirit and having grown to over 85 people in the last 18 years has a strong reputation of achieving practical business solutions for its clients.
We believe in investing in our people and help you to be your best so that you can best advise our clients. The Flynn O’Driscoll Academy (FODA) provides a comprehensive programme of legal training and education tailored to each stage of your career. We provide both interesting and challenging work that promotes career opportunities and personal development. The calibre of our people is crucial to that success and Flynn O’Driscoll has earned a reputation with clients of being a great firm to deal with.
We offer expertise across a wide spectrum of legal services including Corporate, Commercial, Employment, Intellectual Property, Banking, Asset Finance, Aviation, Commercial Litigation and Commercial Property, and advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate finance, venture capital and private equity, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, IT contracts, outsourcings, commercial contracts and general commercial matters.
Flynn O'Driscoll Business Lawyers are now seeking to recruit a Legal Company Secretarial Trainee.
This is a permanent full-time position based in our Dublin office.
About the role
The successful candidate will:
- Work in a collaborative environment with colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of professional excellence;
- Gain “on-the-job” experience across the spectrum of company secretarial, company law, compliance and corporate governance matters often with an international component;
- Deliver company secretarial compliance services to a portfolio of clients;
- Assist with drafting documentation to give effect to corporate reorganisations, transfer of undertakings, hive-outs, cross border mergers and succession planning corporate restructurings;
- Provide advice to clients on matters relating to Company Law;
- Ideally will have already started or be willing to work towards taking the ICSA exams and achieving a formal qualification and accreditation from the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators;
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory changes;
- Be employed in a firm where personal development is as important as professional development.
You will have:
- Superior computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- The ability to pay attention to detail and a strong work ethic;
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to manage a busy workload whilst meeting deadlines;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- While working in a professional manner, you must also have a collegial attitude, be friendly, approachable and willing to work as a team player;
- You will also display willingness and enthusiasm to work with ambitious and highly capable professionals and be excited to contribute to and be involved in the continuing development of the Firm.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with suitability;
- Study support package including paid tuition, exam fees and study leave;
- Bonus based on performance;
- Contribution to gym membership;
- Contribution to personal health insurance;
- 20 Days Annual Leave;
- Cycle to Work scheme;
- TaxSaver commuter tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would enjoy working in a busy, growing and supportive company while also expanding upon their own experience and qualifications.
To apply for this role please submit both your CV and Cover Letter.