Genomics Medicine Ireland is an Irish life sciences company leading a large-scale research study across Ireland looking at the human genome to examine the relationship between genetics, health and disease.
We are a recently incorporated company, and we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, then Genomics Medicine Ireland is the place for you.
Information and data are at the core Genomics Medicine Ireland, and as a result, GMI needs to develop and maintain a range of software systems and capabilities to enable end-to-end collection, processing, storage and analysis of clinical samples and genetic sequencing data. Systems developed and used by GMI must ensure the security, integrity and availability of data and services at every stage of the process.
We require an experienced AWS DevOps engineer to support the deployment and operation of key applications and systems require to support GMI’s operations.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate a solid track record in working with AWS in a DevOps capacity as they will play a significant role in developing the AWS DevOps capabilities of the GMI.
Duties and responsibilities
- Scripting of deployment and management processes for both infrastructure and application components.
- AWS services, application and network configuration and administration.
- Working with development teams to ensure AWS oriented application design and implementation.
- Developing and maintaining Data Pipeline solutions for Researchers and Data Analysts.
- Developing and maintaining Infrastructure Components for Researchers and Data Analysts.
- Contribution to and enforcement of technical standards and best practices.
- Technical investigation and problem resolution for AWS-based solutions.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) or equivalent in Computer Science.
- AWS Certifications to Professional level.
- Minimum of two years’ industry experience in a Cloud/DevOps role.
- Experience of leveraging AWS native services and features.
- Designing and implementing AWS infrastructure solution in line with best practice.
- Detail knowledge and use of a full range of AWS services (Lamba, RDS, SQS, SNS, Pipelines, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience of working in an Agile DevOps focused team.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, negotiate obstacles and figure out solutions.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and prioritise tasks and achieve project deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal English skills.
- Detail-oriented and conscientious.
- Organisational and time management skills are essential.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to manage own workload effectively.
- Hands-on experience with both Private Cloud such as VMware/OpenStack etc.
- Proven experience in delivering projects and services at Enterprise level.
- Experience with commercial monitoring and security applications such as DataDog, ELK Stack, Tenable.