Genomics Medicine Ireland is an Irish life sciences company leading a large-scale research study across Ireland looking at the human genome to examine the relationship between genetics, health and disease.
We are a recently incorporated company and we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment then Genomics Medicine Ireland is the place for you.
Information and data are at the core Genomics Medicine Ireland and as a result GMI need to develop and maintain a range of software systems and capabilities to enable end to end collection, processing, storage and analysis of clinical samples and generic sequencing data. Systems developed and used by GMI must ensure security, integrity and availability of data and services at every stage of the process.
We require Software Developers to work in an Agile environment to develop a range of in house systems and integrations with third party systems to support GMI’s operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working with Project Managers and Business Analysts to turn business requirements into code
- Support the development of detailed requirements and functional designs
- Develop automated testing and deployment framework
- Constantly improve software
- Provide on-going support and maintenance of code
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) or equivalent in Computer Science.
- A minimum of 10 years’ industrial experience.
- Experience working with cloud technology (we use Amazon Web Services)
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Solid understanding of unit, integration and end-to-end tests and writing clean testable code
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs
- Solid experience implementing security best practices in code
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Solid understanding of relational databases, designing database schemas and SQL
- Familiar with the concept of monitoring and capable of monitoring a client-server system
- Experience with version control systems (we use Git)
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux tools
- Experience with a development framework (we use Rails, Django and Angular.js)
- Experience with automation and CI/CD pipelines (we use GitLab etc)
- Experience of working in an Agile Dev Ops focused team
- Experience with distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, negotiate obstacles and figure out solutions
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and prioritise analysis
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal English skills to accurately record and communicate analyses results
- Detail oriented and conscientious
- Organizational and time management skills are essential
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to manage own workload effectively
- Must be able to work according to timelines and achieve project deadlines