Genomics Medicine Ireland is one of the fastest growing life sciences companies in Ireland. We are on a mission is to improve lives through genomics by developing one of the largest, population-based genetics databases in the world. We seek out bright, energetic, innovative thinkers to work together to power the cutting-edge genomic research that will advance Ireland, improve health, and provide the research community with knowledge that could impact lives for generations to come. If you thrive in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, then Genomics Medicine Ireland may be the place for you.
We require an experienced Assistant Accountant to take responsibility for aspects of processing of transactions in the financial ledgers through to final accounts stage of management. The role will also support the Finance Department in many aspects of accounting, treasury, analysis of business contracts and general financial support to members of the management team.
Duties and responsibilities
· Maintain financial ledgers, including general ledger set up and maintenance
· Post all transactions in ledgers
· Reconciliation of bank and control accounts
· Prepare/assist with monthly, quarterly and annual accounts
· Maintain fixed asset ledger
· Support the accounts payable function
· Work with other departments on costing analyses of projects
· Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
· Work with Finance Department on ad hoc projects as the Company grows and scales
· Administration tasks
· 5+ years working experience in a Finance department
· Proficiency in general accounting and double-entry. Whilst an accounting qualification of some form is desirable it is not essential
· Proficiency in Excel and other Finance packages
Skills & Experience
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and ability to manage own workload effectively
· Excellent communication skills including written and verbal English skills to accurately record and communicate analyses results
· Detail oriented and conscientious
· Organisational and time management skills are essential.