Genomics Medicine Ireland’s mission is to transform quality of life for people with debilitating diseases by establishing a large-scale population-based genomic database with unprecedented capability to examine the relationship between genetics, wellness and disease.
We are a recently incorporated company and we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment then Genomics Medicine Ireland is the place for you.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across various functions at GMI. This includes the management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The SPM has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis.
This role will also require contribution to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
Ultimately, the SPM is responsible for verifying that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop project plans, manage project delivery and provide regular updates to the senior management team.
- Facilitate and track the delivery of multiple, concurrent projects on time and within budget.
- Develop the policies, procedures and artefacts necessary to build a robust but pragmatic PMO function.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for several initiatives simultaneously
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Manage small team of junior project managers
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years’ industrial experience
- Experience of managing IT related projects
- Recognised project management qualification e.g. Prince 2
- Proven track record of delivering multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, negotiate obstacles and figure out solutions
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and prioritise analysis
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal English skills to accurately record and communicate analyses results
- Detail oriented and conscientious
- Organizational and time management skills are essential
- Leadership traits that will inspire and motivate others on a daily basis
- Determined and self-motivated