Strategy Team - Analyst
Georgia Capital is looking to expand Strategy Team for the position of Analyst
We are a London Stock Exchange listed (LSE: CGEO LN), largest Georgia-based investment group with a portfolio of companies across various sectors. Our portfolio of investments consists of LSE premium listed company – Bank of Georgia (Financial Services) and private companies: Georgia Healthcare Group (Healthcare – a holding company of EVEX, GEPHA and Imedi L), Georgia Global Utilities (Utility and Renewable Energy), Georgia Real Estate/m2 (Hospitality and Real Estate), Aldagi (Insurance), Georgia Beverages (Beverages), Education business, Greenway (Car Technical Inspection), Amboli (Car Services) and Redberry (Start-up Incubator and Digital Marketing).
The Group is well positioned to capture growth opportunities in several underdeveloped markets given Georgia’s fast-growing economy. Georgia Capital’s business includes the elements of private equity fund and investment manager.
About the role
As part of the Strategy Team, you will gain exposure to all of the Group’s businesses and acquire experience in fields of finance, project management, marketing, sales and communications. You will work collaboratively with the members of the Strategy team on various M&A deals and provide support in different areas inclusive of:
· Deal structuring and execution
· Drafting marketing materials, inclusive of qualitative & quantitative data (teasers, CIMs, macro & industry specific reports)
· Financial modeling and valuation of portfolio companies
· Issuance of periodic (monthly & quarterly) reports on sector & industry trends, main players, deal flow and respective transaction & trading multiples
· Working collaboratively with various departments within Georgia Capital & portfolio companies
· Act as a liaison with third party consultants & advisers on specific projects and deals
· Ensuring smooth functioning of Strategy Team on other matters
We are looking for a driven and motivated independent thinker, an excellent team-player with the following skillset:
· Knowledge of different industries & understanding of sectors where Georgia Capital is represented
· Excellent academic & professional track record
· Solid grasp of Georgian macro & Georgia Capital’s portfolio companies
· Strong Excel and Power Point skills; Good knowledge of accounting and corporate finance. CFA (or progress towards CFA) is preferred but not required
· Excellent communication skills
· Fluency in both English and Georgian languages
· Experience: At least 1 year in a financial field is preferred but not required
About the selection process
Selection process will consist of an interview, quantitative & qualitative testing.
Short-listed candidates will have an opportunity to prepare a strategic task and present it for the Team.
How to apply
If you are interested and qualified for the position of Analyst in Georgia Capital’s Strategy Team, we will be delighted to receive your application, which should include a resume in English and a short paper with your view on following: Financial Crises: Good Time for Investment or Divestment? (500-1000 words).
Recruitment is on a rolling basis. Available positions are planned to be filled quickly, so applying early is recommended.
The deadline for submission of application is November 30, 2020