c£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Based in Speke, Liverpool
Ginger Recruitment are pleased to have formed a partnership with an industry leading Pharmaceutical organisation based in Liverpool, who have a requirement for a Procurement Officer to join their progressive team.
The purpose of this role is to lead resource for facilitating an effective procurement strategy for the business. Whilst supporting internal functions within the business to clarify needs, evaluate and determine suppliers and generate purchase orders along with sourcing materials/suppliers that meet company quality standards.
- To manage business risk as agreed with the leadership team.
- Implement dual sourcing strategy for Raw Material Supply
- Ensuring that RFQ, RFP and contracts / purchase orders are managed as per business process and maintaining full traceability of all contractual correspondence
- Be aware of and drive adoption of sourced programs as directed to maximise value for the business
- To ensure appropriate service level agreements are put in place for goods and services
- To support the Product Introduction process, sourcing new materials to the company
- To raise appropriate approval and compliance documentation relating to supplied goods and services
- To produce reporting metrics that clearly communicate performance levels of both the role and suppliers
- Timely administration of Purchase orders to suppliers
- Resolving disputes and claims with suppliers ensuring issues are not repeated
- Drive the adoption of the ERP system within the business
- Procurement experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in the use of ERP systems
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) qualified preferred
- Experience with print materials Management preferred
- Experience of bulk chemical purchasing preferred
- Ability to drive change and sell new ways of working through persistence, self-motivation, energy and commitment
Ginger Recruitment is an independent North-West recruitment consultancy, based in Ribchester. Servicing businesses across the Ribble Valley and Lancashire areas, we aim to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates to help find the right person for the vacancy. So, if it’s the next step on the career ladder or a complete career change, Ginger Recruitment can help. We recruit for a variety of businesses across the UK in a variety of sectors, so if you are looking for a new position then give us a call for an informal chat. One of our experienced REC qualified recruitment team can advise you on our current vacancies as well as any other recruitment enquiries you may have.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive per vacancy, we are unable to respond to every candidate personally and so if you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.