Software/Firmware Development Engineer
c£40,000 - £60,000 – dependent on experience
Ginger Recruitment are pleased to have formed a partnership with an entrepreneurial, pharmaceutical organisation who, due to exponential growth, are seeking a Software/Firmware Engineer to support the design and development of next generation products required for the company’s ambitious innovation programme and growth plans.
Software/Firmware Development Engineers will lead the work on embedded software development for products to deliver requirements agreed in project briefs which will include both functional performance and certification.
Due to ambitious growth plans, my client will be filling a number of positions covering this role description and have the opportunity to recruit candidates with different levels of experience, pay and responsibility will reflect levels of experience and skills.
- Development of embedded electronic firmware solutions for new consumer products across projects in the innovation portfolio
- Testing and Validation of all new development and improvements to ensure robust comprehensive solutions
- Provision of solutions for challenges affecting new to market products
- Application of proper project management processes with complete documentary record to ensure safe keeping and traceability of constructions, modifications and improvements.
- Influence projects and turn ideas into reality
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Proven knowledge of Programming in C, C++, Python
- Experience in writing for range of common microprocessors
- Experience of code development to ensure timely product release
- Strong collaboration skills with testing teams to debug errors found in formal tests
- Practical knowledge of wireless protocols, including RFID and Bluetooth
- Experience of regression testing and technical report writing
- Practical knowledge of simulation, 2D and 3D design
- Knowledge of statutory regulations and industry standards
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity best practice and standards
- Good general knowledge of electronic components, circuit design and PCB layout
Ginger Recruitment is an independent North-West recruitment consultancy, based in Ribchester. Servicing businesses across the Ribble Valley, Lancashire & the UK, we aim to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates to help find the right person for the vacancy. So, if its the next step on the career ladder or a complete career change, Ginger Recruitment can help. We recruit for a variety of businesses across the UK in a variety of sectors, so if you are looking for a new position then give us a call for an informal chat. One of our experienced REC qualified recruitment team can advise you on our current vacancies as well as any other recruitment enquiries you may have.
By submitting your CV to Ginger Recruitment Services Ltd (GRSL), you are consenting to GRSL providing you with recruitment services as an agency defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and authorising GRSL to work seek on your behalf. You are consenting to your CV being forwarded to clients via electronic mail. You are also giving your consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and its use in order to secure employment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive per vacancy, we are unable to respond to every candidate personally and so if you have not heard back from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.