Software/Firmware Development Engineer
c£40,000 - £60,000 – dependent on experience
Ginger Recruitment are pleased to have formed a partnership with an entrepreneurial, pharmaceutical organisation who, due to exponential growth, are seeking a Software/Firmware Engineer to support the design and development of next generation products required for the company’s ambitious innovation programme and growth plans.
Software/Firmware Development Engineers will lead the work on embedded software development for products to deliver requirements agreed in project briefs which will include both functional performance and certification.
Due to ambitious growth plans, my client will be filling a number of positions covering this role description and have the opportunity to recruit candidates with different levels of experience, pay and responsibility will reflect levels of experience and skills.
- Development of embedded electronic firmware solutions for new consumer products across projects in the innovation portfolio
- Testing and Validation of all new development and improvements to ensure robust comprehensive solutions
- Provision of solutions for challenges affecting new to market products
- Application of proper project management processes with complete documentary record to ensure safe keeping and traceability of constructions, modifications and improvements.
- Influence projects and turn ideas into reality
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Proven knowledge of Programming in C, C++, Python
- Experience in writing for range of common microprocessors
- Experience of code development to ensure timely product release
- Strong collaboration skills with testing teams to debug errors found in formal tests
- Practical knowledge of wireless protocols, including RFID and Bluetooth
- Experience of regression testing and technical report writing
- Practical knowledge of simulation, 2D and 3D design
- Knowledge of statutory regulations and industry standards
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity best practice and standards
- Good general knowledge of electronic components, circuit design and PCB layout