Mechanical Development Engineer
£40,000 - £47,000 per annum
Ginger Recruitment have just been briefed by an impressive, highly entrepreneurial business based on the outskirts of Liverpool. Established in 2013, this innovative organisation was founded to support the rapidly developing nicotine products industry with high quality manufacturing services.
With innovation at the heart of this organisation, they consult & create products with a market leading position within their category, coupled to a world class consultancy business. The team at Ginger have been briefed to recruit a Mechanical Development Engineer, to join a rapidly expanding and exciting team, based in Liverpool.
With a solid, established career background within Mechanical Development, your role will be to lead the products mechanical development to deliver the requirements agreed in project briefs which will include both functional performance and certification… this role would suit an individual with the creative drive to express innovative ideas in Development Engineering.
Due to the company’s ambitious growth plans, we are recruiting into several positions covering this role description and will consider applicants with different levels of experience.
Reporting to the Senior Development Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading mechanical aspects of Product Development to deliver design brief and functional performance.
- Providing technical expertise on mechanical development to support projects in the innovation portfolio
- Overseeing the pipeline development of mechanical components and mechanical device architecture across different projects.
- Managing engineering validation testing and device validation
- Supporting and assessing external parties for development and manufacturing
- Improving processes and tools to support product development
- Influencing projects and turning ideas into reality
To be considered for this position the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience are required:
- Degree qualified (i.e. BSc, PhD) in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Previous experience of experience in mechanical design of consumer products, medical devices or small/handheld instruments
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, particularly involving plastics and metal parts
- Expertise in performance materials such ceramics and polymers
- Effective communicator capable of managing and collaborating with external partners
- Highly competent in Planning and Risk Management