£50,000 - £70,000
10% performance dependent annual bonus
5% Company Pension
Ginger Recruitment are pleased to be working on behalf of an innovative growth organisation who’re seeking a Laboratory Manager to join their dynamic team based in Speke. Reporting to the Head of Global Quality, the main purpose of this role is to provide operational and analytical leadership to all company laboratories.
A key part of this role will be to lead the development of analytical & scientific technology/knowledge to ensure the business is seen as a responsible and leading provider of next generation products.
Another purpose of this role is to ensure that all laboratory activities are conducted to the agreed GLP and regulatory standards and that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
Business focus: 50% Liverpool (UK) manufacturing site & 50% global.
Responsibilities of a Laboratory Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Implementation of QC standards (UK/global), and adherence to ongoing compliance requirements
- Lead and/or support project teams developing new or improving existing analytical methodologies
- Assist with UK/global QC qualification/validation review/approval activities
- Determine & communicate ‘Best Practices’ for harmonization of laboratory standards (UK/global) including, but not limited to, both method(s) & technologies adopted
- Implement and develop key performance indicators from laboratory data to drive improvements within the business.
- Define & implement ‘Best Practice’ inspection/testing regimes for all manufactured goods based on legislative/industry e.g. FDA, MHRA
- Participate on UK/global cross-functional teams to support QC relevant business & technology improvement activities
- Harmonise analytical methodologies to ensure that comparative analysis can occur throughout the business
- Define and manage laboratory processes and standards to deliver regulatory compliance and a high quality of scientific data, as directed by the business and/or regulatory bodies
- Implement and develop safe working practices and training to ensure a safe working environment within laboratories.
- Liaise with Technical Operations and Compliance & Regulatory teams as needed inorder to maintain compliance to regulatory & customer requirements
- Management & implementation of standards, policies, procedures, and forms to control GxP laboratory activities (UK/global)
- Provide support for SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) for development of department standards and policies
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrated ability to lead, define, create and implement laboratory processes across global QC business
- Strong technical, analytical, and writing skills to identify and solve problems and document them appropriately
- In-depth knowledge of GxP i.e. GLP (Good Laboratory Procedures), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), GDocP (Good Documentation Practices) and GCPs (Good Clinical Practices)
- Demonstrated project management experience and leadership skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate an excellent level of understanding of Pharmaceutical qualification/validation principles in relation to maintaining GxP compliance
- Experience in a QC laboratory management role within a GxP environment, project management role or combination thereof within a pharmaceutical or similar development setting required
- Area of expertise preferred: Laboratory Management, Project Management, GxP, Regulatory
- Degree or higher in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related scientific discipline is desirable
Ginger Recruitment is an independent North West recruitment consultancy, based in Clitheroe. Servicing the East Lancashire and Ribble valley areas, we aim to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates to help find the right person for the vacancy. So if its the next step on the career ladder or a complete career change, Ginger Recruitment can help. If you are looking for a job in Accrington, Blackburn, Burnley, Preston, Rossendale or anywhere in the Ribble Valley area of Lancashire, then give us a call for an informal chat. One of our experienced and REC qualified recruitment team can advise you on our current vacancies as well as any other recruitment enquiries you may have.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive per vacancy, we are unable to respond to every candidate personally and so if you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you are interested in this job and would like to discuss the role further before you apply, please contact a member of the team.