Open Innovation Manager
Do you want to work for an exciting, growth organisation who are at the forefront of their industry? We are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading Manufacturing, Research & Development organisation based in Liverpool.
The company we are recruiting for is an innovate organisation who have seen a large period of growth over the past 5 years and as such, have become leaders in their industry. They are now seeking an Innovation Manager & Talent Scout to promote the use of Open Innovation and increase quantity and impact of externally sourced technologies in the innovation pipeline required for the company`s ambitious growth plans.
The purpose of this role is to pro-actively seek, identify and access external knowledge, skills, capabilities and intellectual assets. The role works collaboratively with not only external organisations but also with internal R&D Innovation teams to maintain a clear understanding of the business needs in order to deliver a continuous stream of disruptive ideas and technologies for NGPs that will be truly loved by our consumers.
- Pro-actively use a variety of techniques to identify external sources of technologies, products & innovations against specified target areas.
- Identify and recommend new technology/ product innovations, partnerships or solutions for next generation electronic vaping, heated tobacco and oral tobacco products.
- Define opportunities for Joint Development, Joint Ventures, Licensing, Buying IP, and business acquisition.
- Formalise Identify-Select-Assess-Disseminate process. Provide technology comparisons through appropriate techniques including SWOT analyses, technology stripping, technology readiness levels, etc. Write in-depth technology reports on a regular basis & producing them in a timely manner when required.
- For potential opportunities, develop concepts and prepare business cases as part of the proposition.
- Assist with early stage business development between 3rd party companies and company up until contract negotiation stage.
- Build networks through a variety of approaches to gain vital insights into the specific consumers and market needs for targeted projects and for the benefit of the wider group
- Deliver continuous stream of product and innovation opportunities
- Degree or Advanced degree in a physical science or engineering discipline.
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven with capability to evaluate and take risks.
- Understanding of different sourcing strategies to support the innovation needs.
- Experience of technology landscaping, IP management and technical due diligence.
- Relationship management experience: understanding of confidentiality and experience of executing 3rd party contracts.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in designing/communicating novel ideas and initiatives to key stakeholders.
- Understanding of innovation and products development; a demonstrable technical understanding of NGP technologies, adjacencies and services.
- Flexibility to travel as needed.
Ginger Recruitment is an independent North-West recruitment consultancy, based in Ribchester. Servicing businesses across the Ribble Valley, Lancashire & the UK, we aim to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates to help find the right person for the vacancy. So, if its the next step on the career ladder or a complete career change, Ginger Recruitment can help. We recruit for a variety of businesses across the UK in a variety of sectors, so if you are looking for a new position then give us a call for an informal chat. One of our experienced REC qualified recruitment team can advise you on our current vacancies as well as any other recruitment enquiries you may have.
By submitting your CV to Ginger Recruitment Services Ltd (GRSL), you are consenting to GRSL providing you with recruitment services as an agency defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and authorising GRSL to work seek on your behalf. You are consenting to your CV being forwarded to clients via electronic mail. You are also giving your consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and its use in order to secure employment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive per vacancy, we are unable to respond to every candidate personally and so if you have not heard back from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful..