Scientific Logistics Specialist
HappiLabs is a small business based in Chicago that provides a service to scientists called the Virtual Lab Manager. We are similar to an outsourced purchasing department (some might say a Personal Shopper) for biotech companies and scientific research labs.
Our mission: to improve the happiness of scientists and the quality of their research.
By helping scientists do their job, we are helping all the people on the planet who benefit from inventions, creations, and knowledge that scientists create.
We are “virtual” to our customers, so your job consists of sitting in our Chicago office where you’ll be helping track, process, and manage orders our VLMs have placed for customers. You will be interacting with vendors, customer service representatives, as well as other HappiLabs employees. If you're friendly, responsive, innovative, and tough, you'll be a great fit for this role at HappiLabs.
A strong candidate will have two or more of these backgrounds:
- Logistic experience
- Customer service experience
- Lab technician or Research Associate
- Purchasing in a science setting
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Communicating with suppliers (sales reps, technical help & customer service) to obtain pricing, technical information and retrieve order updates
- Solve logistics and supply chain issues
- Organize basic accounting details for your lab, such as Purchase Orders and Invoices
- Reporting progress and proactively solving problems
- Utilizing apps and software for managing labs
DESIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS
- We want a long-term commitment, someone who will help a small company grow into a large one
- Tech savvy (very good with a computer, its keyboard, and multiple monitors)
- Mac user AND comfortable with Google products/spreadsheets
- Proactive – help without being asked to help and able to predict potential problems
- Quick, mental flexibility – we’re a growing company, always changing, and a good candidate must be willing (and excited!) to change the pace
- A passion for science and a desire to make a difference in the world
- Tough – customers and suppliers can be difficult to deal with. You need to take the hits, be calm with your interactions, and move on
- Confident presence on the phone
- $35-$55k, depending on experience
- Medical and Dental health benefits
- 401(K) Plan
- Snacks & Beverages provided at the office