There are very few companies that can brag about their team as much as we can. Fun, energetic, caring and passionate are just a few of the attributes used to describe this special group of people. So many have come to work for Haven because they not only want to enjoy what they do for a living but they also want to enjoy who they work with. Come to see if Haven can change your professional life for the better.
The Intake & Referral Coordinator: Communication is such an important part of this position including written communication in our web based software system. You will gain an understanding of the patient care provided in a multitude of programs including home health, hospice, outpatient therapy, and private-pay clients. In addition, the Intake & Referral Coordinator will communicate with clinical and administrative staff to support provision of safe, high quality patient care. Like all of our staff, the Intake & Referral Coordinator supports the core values of Haven: dignity, integrity, compassion, individuality, coordination, and excellence.
Hours: Monday- Friday 8am-5pm Location: Reports to Ozark office daily
Responsibilities/Job Functions of the Intake & Referral Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Receive referrals by phone, fax, or in person for designated departments. Ensure smooth intake operations and data gathering for all referrals.
- Provide explanation of the benefits to patients, families, and community contacts.
- Assist referral sources with finding alternative services when a patient is not a candidate for Haven services.
- Complete scheduling of initial nursing assessment and admission. Coordinate patient visits, matching patient needs with staff talents and knowledge.
- Make medical records available to clinicians.
- Monitor and manage pending admission lists on a daily basis.
- Accept physician telephone orders and document appropriately.
- Accept laboratory reports and relay information to clinicians as appropriate.
- Provide telephone and clerical support to management and other staff members as requested.
- Reflect the mission and philosophy of Haven Home Health.
- Participates in educational activities and required meetings.
- Additional duties as requested.
Must have a current Missouri nursing license in good standing.
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience preferred.