Home Health Social Worker - PRN
Haven is currently looking for a PRN Home Health Social Worker to join our growing team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an individualized plan of care related to MSW in consultation with the patient’s physician and other agency personnel as appropriate.
- Determine eligibility for services related to homebound status and need for skilled services.
- Regularly re-evaluate the patient’s MSW needs and revise the plan of care as necessary.
- Provide direct MSW care procedures to patients.
- Assist the team members, including the physician, in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the health problems.
- Use appropriate community resources.
- Counsel the patient and family in meeting MSW and related needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient and employee information to assure their privacy is protected.
- Ensure that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Participate in team meetings/care conferences and communicate with other clinicians involved in care.
- Participate in, and at times lead, committee meetings as appropriate.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes, coordinate services, inform primary physician of changes in the patient’s condition and needs when necessary and at least every 60 days.
- May teach and train other therapists and nursing personnel.
- Attend in-services and department meetings as required.
- Participate in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up, and agency performance improvement initiatives.
- May occasionally work with office machines, such as computers, copy machines, and telephones.
- Support and uphold all federal state, and local regulatory laws and standards.
- Support and uphold Haven Home Health policies and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Masters Degree in Social Work required.
- Minimum of one year experience as a MSW within the last three years.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with multidisciplinary team of clinicians, clerical staff, and management.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate patient needs, including new admissions.
- Strong clinical judgment, assessment, communication, and leadership skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and technology to complete documentation of clinical record.
- Must have dependable transportation and a current driver’s license.
- Will work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Recent home health experience in the past year.
- Experience with geriatric population preferred.
As one of the fastest growing healthcare providers in Missouri, Haven Healthcare offers a fast-paced, exciting, and supportive environment. We promote teamwork, nurture learning, and encourage advancement for all of our employees. We want to see you excel, because your success is our success. We have a great reputation as an employer and a very fun working environment. Come build a stronger future with Haven!