Scheduling Specialist - LPN
Haven Home Health is one of the highest rated agencies in the 417 area. We are a family of highly experienced professionals who provide our patients with the very best in service and medical care.
Haven is looking for a qualified LPN to provide home health scheduling.
*This is a full-time position working from our Ozark Corporate office*
Summary: The Scheduling Specialist helps to improve efficiency and communication among clinicians, physicians, and patients. He/she communicates with clinical and administrative staff to support the provision of safe and high quality patient care. Primarily responsible for all telehealth communication and responsibilities. The Scheduling Specialist supports the core values of Haven Home Health: Unwavering Accountability, Commitment to Each Other, Do Good and Be Kind, Open and Honest Communication, Work Hard and Play Hard.
Responsibilities of the Scheduling Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the implementation of services, which includes nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social services, and personal care services, to ensure that quality service is provided to meet the needs of the client
- Create, maintain, and update the clinician’s schedules according to authorizations and patient needs
- Understands the needs, requirements, and preferences of all client types (patients, facilities, referral sources, caregivers, and staff) and optimizes staffing ratios
- Collaborates with staff and patients to identify open shifts, availability, and coordinate schedules
- Assist with tracking clinician productivity
- Track and appropriately document hospital admissions and emergency department admissions
- Assist with Care Coordinators between the physician’s office and Haven clinical staff
- Accept physician telephone orders and document appropriately
- Implements and manages telehealth care in conjunction with Haven Home Health & Therapy guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Assesses and trends vital signs, pulse oximetry, weight, protime, and/or blood glucose levels utilizing audio, and/or virtual telehealth and communicates trended assessments.
- Accept laboratory reports and relay information to clinicians as appropriate, as well as document in the patient’s file
- Provide telephone and clerical support to management and other staff members as requested
- Assist with receiving home health referrals as needed
- Assist with scheduled initial assessments and home health admissions
- Update reports as necessary
- Participates in on-call supervisor rotation.
- May assist in the QA of visit notes
- Ensure adherence to company policies associated with record establishment, retention, maintenance, and confidentiality
- Serves on committees as requested and appropriate
- Participates in mandatory educational activities and required meetings
- May provide direct nursing care to patients
- May implement an individualized plan of care under the supervision of a RN, and in consultation with the physician and other agency personnel as appropriate
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Current RN or LPN license.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and prioritize assignments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including spelling and grammar.
- Ability to handle stressful and delicate situations with tact, diplomacy, and attention to importance.
- Excellent communication skills with a multidisciplinary team of clinicians, clerical staff, management, patients/families, and referral sources.
- Ability to follow instructions from the physician, nursing supervisor, and other professional staff
- Ability to assist with completing patient admission documentation.
- Familiar with regulations to meet Medicare/Medicaid conditions of participation and accreditation requirements for all Haven Home Health programs and services.
- Proficient in computer skills and technology to complete documentation of clinical record.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under expectations of meeting deadlines and changing priorities.
- Maintain confidentiality of information relating to patients and Haven Healthcare. Will discuss only those aspects necessary to the care and treatment of the patient and family with those directly involved in the patient’s care.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in home health care
We currently offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance and other supplemental options
- iPhone and iPad
- Company Car
Haven Home Health, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, protected genetic information, sex, parental status, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or Veteran status.