Home Health Coding/OASIS Coordinator
The Home Health Coding/OASIS Coordinator is a Registered Nurse that is responsible for the coordination of clinical services by working with an interdisciplinary team to ensure that all Home Health patients receive excellent care. This care is with continuity and in accordance with the prescribed plan of care and all state and federal regulations.
**THIS IS A REMOTE, CONTRACT POSITION**
Responsibilities of the Coding/OASIS Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the content of the medical record in order to be able to locate information to support, or provide specificity for coding
- Reviews and analyzes health record to identify relevant diagnoses and procedures.
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records.
- Translates diagnostic and procedural phrases utilized by healthcare providers into coded form by assigning HCS-D and OASIS, which are used for reimbursement purposes, in the assessment of clinical care, and to support the identification of healthcare concerns.
- Evaluates the quality of clinical information for incomplete, or inconsistent documentation for visits made that impact the code selection.
- Brings identified concerns to the appropriate director for resolution.
- Interacts with healthcare providers to ensure that the PHI has been translate correctly.
- Queries provider staff when code assignments are not straightforward, or documentation inthe record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- At times, it may be necessary to phone the physician/provider to request clarification on a specific diagnosis and/or medical history.
- Assures that oaasis assessment documentation is consistent and matches the problems, face to face note, care plans (goals and interventions), and orders.
- Maintains workflow by performing clinical coding in an accurate and timely fashion on all OASIS assessments.
- Assignments should be completed within 12 hours, but no later than 24 hours from date of receipt.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Attends coding,OASIS, PDGM, and reimbursement workshops; brings back information to the appropriate department(s).
- Abides by coding standards and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Reviews/creates the 485 Plan of Care with accuracy and compliance.
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Registered Nurse with a current Missouri RN license, or coverage by a compact state license.
- Successful completion of coding program offered by AHIMA, AHCC, or equivalent Clinical Coding Specialist (CCS) Certification.
- OASIS and HCS-D Certification and previous related experience dealing with PHI and/or OASIS assessments in the homecare setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the human body and disease processes in order to understand the etiology, pathology, symptoms, signs, diagnostic studies, treatment modalities, and prognosis of diseases and procedures to be coded.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Prior experience using Wellsky/Kinnser EMR is a plus.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of PDGM and the impacts on home health agencies as plus.
Haven Home Health, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, protected genetic information, sex, parental status, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or Veteran status.