Hospice RN Case Manager
Haven Hospice is a family of highly experienced professionals who provide our patients and customers with the very best in service and medical care. Just like there is beauty in the beginning of life, equally so, there is beauty at the end of life. People who have spent their careers working in this honorable field all say hospice changed their life for the better.
Haven is currently seeking a Full-time Registered Nurse Case Manager to join our growing team in the Joplin area!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes initial evaluation visit, conducts comprehensive initial nursing assessments including physical, emotional, and mental needs.
- Verify eligibility for hospice services.
- Develops and implements an individualized plan of care in consultation with the client's physician and other agency personnel as appropriate.
- Regularly re-evaluates the client's nursing needs and revises the plan of care as necessary.
- Provides direct nursing care procedures to clients.
- Completes review and reconciliation of medications, pain management, and evaluation of comfort status.
- Furnishes services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill.
- Obtains specimens as ordered by the physician, and submit them to the laboratory.
- Teaches clients, family members, and/or significant others health care self-management skills
- Accurately assess clients' physical and emotional status, and performs services in compliance with physician orders.
- Counsels and educates the client and family in meeting end of life needs and the process of a life limiting illness.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent client and employee information.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment, medications, spiritual counseling and social services are available through hospice team and support staff.
- Participates in IDG team meetings/care conferences and communicates with other hospice team members involved in care.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes, coordinates services, informs primary physician or hospice medical director of changes in the client's condition and needs when necessary.
- Instructs, supervises, and evaluates home health aide care provided at least every two weeks.
- Manages and supervises LPNs and CNAs performance in implementing nursing services.
- Attends in-services and department meetings as required.
- Participates in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up, and agency performance improvement initiatives.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current Missouri Registered Nurse license in good standing.
- Preferred minimum of one year experience as a hospice, or home health RN within the last five years.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with multidisciplinary team of physicians, clinicians, clerical staff, and management.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate client needs.
- Strong clinical judgment, assessment, communication, and leadership skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and technology to complete documentation of clinical record.
- Must have dependable transportation and current driver's license.
- Support and uphold all federal state, and local regulatory laws and standards.
- Support and uphold Haven Hospice policies and procedures.
- Flexible Schedules
- On-call Pay
- Opportunity to work for one of the best places in the 417 area
Haven Hospice, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, protected genetic information, sex, parental status, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or Veteran status.