Business Support Specialist
Haven Home Health is highly rated agency. We are a family of highly experienced professionals who provide our patients and customers with the very best in service and medical care. Haven is currently seeking a full time Business Support Specialist to join our growing team.
The Business Support Specialist communicates, verbally and in writing, with referral sources to ensure smooth intake and initiation of patient care. In addition, the Business Support Specialist will communicate with clinical and administrative staff to support the provision of safe, high quality patient care.
The Business Support Specialist supports the core values of Haven Home Health: be committed to each other, unwavering accountability, do good and be kind, have open and honest communication, and have a culture of work hard play hard.
Responsibilities of the Business Support Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Receive home health referrals by phone, fax, or in person.
- Ensure smooth intake operations and data gathering for all referrals.
- Schedule initial assessments and home health admissions.
- Coordinate admission visits with clinician, matching patient needs with clinician talents, location, and availability.
- Screen admission and referral paperwork for appropriate face-to-face documentation, if not present will obtain.
- Complete insurance eligibility checks.
- Request, track, and manage insurance authorizations.
- Complete orders management within the EMR.
- Provide telephone and clerical support to management and other staff members as requested.
- Additional duties as requested.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle stressful and delicate situations with tact, diplomacy, and attention to their importance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multidisciplinary team of clinicians, clerical staff, management, patients/families, and referral sources.
- Ability to follow instructions from the physician, nursing supervisor, and other professional staff.
- Ability to assist with completing patient admission documentation.
- Familiar with regulations to meet Medicare/Medicaid conditions of participation and accreditation requirements for all Haven Healthcare programs and services.
- Proficient in computer skills and technology to complete documentation of clinical record.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of information relating to patients and Haven Healthcare. Will discuss only those aspects necessary to the care and treatment of patient and family with those directly involved in the patient’s care.
1-year experience in home health and hospice care.
Full time position, Monday - Friday, 8-5, at our Corporate Office in Ozark, MO. At Haven Healthcare, we provide a fun working environment with caring and passionate people who enjoy what they do for a living. We offer competitive compensation and great benefits including Medical, Dental, FSA, generous PTO and much more. See our website at havenhome.us to find more information about how to change your professional life for the better.
Haven Home Health, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, protected genetic information, sex, parental status, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or Veteran status.