Hospice Admission Nurse
Haven Hospice is a family of highly experienced professionals who provide our patients and customers with the very best in service and medical care. Just like there is beauty in the beginning of life, equally so, there is beauty at the end of life. People who have spent their careers working in this honorable field all say hospice changed their life for the better.
Haven Hospice is currently seeking a Full-time Admission Nurse (RN) to join our growing team.
Responsibilities of the RN Admission Nurse:
- Make the initial evaluation visit in collaboration with physicians and other professionals to establish patient needs and plan care.
- Initiates and coordinates patient plan of care in communication with hospice administration and staff
- Provide clear communication of hospice services and eligibility requirements.
- Conduct comprehensive nursing assessments including physical, emotional, and mental needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized initial plan of care in consultation with the patient’s physician and other agency personnel as appropriate.
- Evaluate the patient’s nursing needs and revise the plan of care as necessary.
- Complete review and reconciliation of medications, pain management, and evaluation of risk status.
- Teach patients, family members, and caregivers health care self-management skills, accurately assess patients’ physical and emotional status, and perform services in compliance with physician orders.
- Educate patients and caregivers on coping techniques and provide comfort and support.
- Assist patients, family members and caregivers with concern and empathy; respect confidentiality and privacy and communicate in a courteous and respectful manner.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current Missouri Registered Nurse license in good standing.
- Minimum of one year experience as an RN within the last three years.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with multidisciplinary team of clinicians, clerical staff, physicians and management
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate patient needs, including new admissions.
- Strong clinical judgment, assessment, communication, and leadership skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and technology to complete documentation of clinical record.
- Must have dependable transportation and a current driver’s license.
- Will work weekends and holidays as needed
Additional recommended qualifications are:
- Recent hospice experience in the past year.
Haven offers a full benefits package including:
- iPad and Cell Phone
- Company Car
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k with Matching
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
Haven Home Health, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, protected genetic information, sex, parental status, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or Veteran status.