Successful Quality Specialist enjoy the challenges of undertaking projects to support development and implementation of quality systems and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Responsible for establishing and implementing procedures (new and existing) for monitoring and testing quality.
Train all impacted employees to these procedures
· Responsible for operating all laboratories for testing of raw materials, intermediary products, finished goods,
and other materials as identified
· Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including
failed processes, stability studies, returns, and corrective actions.
· Maintain quality management software - responsible to update, add, and edit for all new parts and revisions
· Lead all internal communications as they pertain to defect definition, root cause, and resolution action plan
· Ensure effective calibration program is in place and followed
· Lead disposition of all returned, quarantined or OOS material
· Assist with of on-boarding new customers
· Coordinate activities of Quality Facilitators, providing daily direction and development.
· Use data trend analysis to identify opportunities to tighten up specifications or processes
· Assist with root cause and corrective action plans for all Customer complaints
· Compile, trend, and communicate monthly quality complaints
· Develops, updates, and leads Monthly Quality A-3
· Identify and study critical process parameters with the goal of improving consistency and reducing scrap, while maintaining
throughput and meeting production goals
· Support development of appropriate specifications and measurement techniques and devices for new and existing products
· Occasional travel to provide support for off-site customer locations as required
To be successful the individual must demonstrate strong leadership qualities such as:
· Committed to making positive change, but remaining flexible and able to adapt to company growth and evolving responsibilities
· Collect and analyze data to support systems and projects
· Excellent communication skills written and oral, Must be able to communicate effectively with technicians and management, both
in written form and verbally
· Implement creative and cost effective solutions to problems
· Excellent people skills – willing to be a mentor & teacher to plant personnel
· Willing to take on a broad range of responsibilities including initiating process improvements, expanding internal laboratory
capabilities, and developing and implementing quality procedures.
· Demonstrate ability to multi task and to adapt to a quickly changing manufacturing environment
· Comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes
· Capable of developing working relationships with a wide range of people
· Able to work within a team environment as well as independently
· Interested in company results
· Treat people with respect
· Willing and able to travel
· Commitment to working safely
· Advanced MS Office Suite skills and keyboarding skills
· Ability to utilize statistical tools and data analysis to make improvements
· Understanding of LEAN tools and continuous improvement culture
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily as well as the ability to handle situations by working as a team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor of Science and at least 3 years’ experience in Quality Systems including Statistical Process Control. Demonstrated, practical experience in using and facilitating Continuous Improvement Tools [Six-Sigma, Lean, etc.] Certified Six-Sigma Black Belt a plus. Experience in plastic manufacturing with a focus on color control and formulations a plus.
Able to communicate and comprehend in the English Language to perform the duties of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to accurately compare color and pattern of products to quality control standards. Frequent requirement for attention to detail; prolonged use of a computer terminal, telephones and other electronic equipment. The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud and PPE is required. Appropriate hearing protection while in the plant is required as noise levels within the facility meet OSHA requirements for hearing protection equipment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Quality Specialists typically work between an office environment and the production floor but the purpose of the project may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.